• Stray

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2006
I found this book incredibly touching. Lots of books have been written from the point of view of animals, but none are quite so amazing. Open this book and you are whisked into the world of Pufftail, an old cat telling the story of his life to his grandson. You travel through a testing labatory where he sees terrible, gruesome things, through living in a gang of cats, from finding a mate and having kittens and then having the only thing you care about in the world whisked away. Stray is absolutely amazing. Everyone will enjoy this touching tale of a cat and his world
on 30 March 2002
A.N wilson has got this novel spot on. It is hard hitting emotional and utterly convincing novel. A must read for everbody. This book takes you to into the world of Pufftail, and does not miss out on any of the grity bits! It is a biography and portrays a cats life in a new and enlightening way. I think this book is one of my all time favourites and will definately become a classic.
on 16 September 2000
Purrfect! This is the only word i can use to describe this most unusual novel. Written through the eyes of a tom-cat called Pufftail, one is shown the trials and tribulations of a cat's life. From extreme happiness to extreme pain...Pufftail has experienced it all. The best book ever in my opinion...A must for all cat lovers!
on 1 November 2000
This is the best book I have ever read . It is funny and heart wrenching and is about the life of Pufftail . I wouldn't recommend it to anyone below the age of 10 because sometimes it is quite sad but I don't think you have to love cats to enjoy this book .
on 24 March 2013
I read this yonks ago, bought it for my teenage son in those days, and he loved it.

I bought the 2nd hand copy recently (its now out of print, but the 2nd hand copy came in in good condition) for my great-niece (who is a cat lover) and she really liked it.

I do not like A.N. Wilson.... he is such a Tory B, but he has written a lovely story here... I was in tears at the end of it!

It is a lovely wee read.. for 'cuddly' people only! But, DO read it, it will give you a smile and make you feel better about the world.

Badger.
on 11 June 2000
I picked up this book whilst at my cousins house. It is about life through a cat's eyes, and full of many different experiences that a cat goes through.
on 6 February 2000
If you love cats you will like "the stray" It is full of lots of different emotions and gives a good idea of a cat's life.
on 4 March 2006
This is a really good book to read and it's very cleverly written. The book is full of emotion and feeling and really makes you feel a lot of empathy for the main character. It's written in the point of view of a cat who is telling his grandson his life story. It is a funny, sad and very touching book. A lot of people, I think, would enjoy reading this book no matter how old they are. So if you decide to buy this book, you will not regret it!
on 6 February 2002
Ive not read this book for a long time, yet it has stuck in my memory.its definately not a young kids books as it really is heart rendering!Shows a realistic view to the thinking of our feline friends and also demonstrates what a cruel world we live in with little respect to our smaller friends.I'd recommend this book to anybody!
on 6 October 2011
I absolutely love this book. I was looking for a new copy because my old dog eared copy that I have read countless times seems to have been lost into the wilderness somewhere. This book will make you cry. And you will never look at cats in the same way. A touching, beautifully written book, for kids or adults.