on 11 February 2000
This is a different book from all other Strategic Management text. It faciliates the reader to make up their own mind. Should be on the reading list of every Business & Management course.
I bought this book as it was suggested for a class at university. Although it covers a number of topics and has clear and different opinions from different academics etc, I did not use it very much. Chapter 4 about change management was the only chapter that I looked at and I had already been given a handout of the chapter. I found the Johnson & Scholes textbook of a similar nature much more helpful - but biffer and heavier!

Overall if interested in the subject a good book but needed for a university class.
on 24 February 2012
The book is a rather simplistic summary of strategy and management. But it IS just a summary and nothing in depth, so don't expect more and you will be satisfied.

It does claim to be different from other books by going into not just strategy per se, but how it is formed and in what kind of environment it is formed. It is up to the reader as to whether this strikes you as relevant or not.