Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Dec 2009 02:42:52 GMT
I must say I doubt what the man in the description is saying about them having possibly been shot in 16:9 ratio, as Sharpe's Challenge and Sharpe's Peril, the two later additions to the series, were both shot in 16:9 widescreen...and presented as such on their respective DVD releases. Therefore, I assume they would have done the same had these been shot on 35mm film. The original 14 episodes are presented here and described on the box as being 4:3, but as the man in the description correctly says...they're slightly letterboxed...almost 14:9...which is very curious indeed, but why would they have done that had they been able to attain a 16:9 print?

If anyone else can offer any information about how Sharpe was shot, and why they're not completely full screen 4:3 on the DVD's, I for one would be very interested to hear it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  24 Dec 2009
Latest post:  24 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sharpe: The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1993]
Sharpe: The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [DVD] [1993] by Sean Bean (DVD - 2005)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (149)