Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 August 1999
This book is a must in every family library, pre-school library and sunday-school teacher's resource box. The stories are clearly told with appropriate Scripture references, the illustrations are delightful and are great discussion pieces, and each story finishes with an assurance to the child that they are loved by God. Both my 4 and 8 year old children demand this book regularly at bedtime. I look forward to a sequel.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2002
I think this is the best Bible story book that I have ever seen. It is light and fresh, but also insightful. It is beautifully illustrated (as always) and some of the illustrations are really comical.
I was, however, slightly disappointed with the text as it lacks the exuberance that makes some books a pleasure for adults to read and re-read and re-read. But it is a minor gripe - my two year old loves this book and often requests it.
I would certainly recommend it and plan on buying their 'Animal Tales' too.
on 28 November 2002
A creative presentation of some of Jesus' stories - retold and illustrated with insight and humour. My two year old particularly likes the 'missing coins story' as a cat features quite prominently. Slightly less exuberant than other books written by these authors, but a FAR better read than most Bible story books.
on 31 May 2000
As usual Nick Butterworth has hit exactly the right spot. The stories are retold in a way that children will listen to and understand. My own children and Toddler group can not get enough of this book. The illustrations are again amusing and perfect for the text. Keeps the adult reader as interested as the child listener. We have bought many copies of this as gifts.It makes a perfect CHRISTENING PRESENT.
on 8 September 2013
This book is great for a family. I would love to use it for my church, but it does not give permission for photocopying use. This is frustrating, as one usually only wants 1 or 2 pages when teaching a parable.
on 22 April 2015
The book itself is in good condition and the content is ideal for a group of children to use as a team effort but some of the pages at the beginning had already been 'coloured' in.
on 13 July 2015
I bought these as a Junior Church prize- they are excellent as they have the drawings and words and children can colour them in - they are a good quality book
on 15 August 2014
A perfect choice for working through some bible stories with my toddler. I love the Nick Butterworth renditions and this is a lovely accompaniment. :D
on 23 March 2016
Lovely book for big brother at babies christening. Lets the older brother included in the celebration
on 31 July 2015
Perfect. My great niece loved the great pictures. A super way to learn through enjoyment.