Customer Discussions > Photoshop Elements 6 (PC) forum

Storage of images.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Sep 2008 11:13:44 BDT
Micaul says:
I currently have all my photographic images stored in 'Pictures' on both a PC using Windows XP and a laptop using Vista Home Premium. I am familiar with and very happy with the way that the images are stored and presented as folders and files, ease of e-mailing etc on both systems.
If I load Photoshop Elements 6 to either the PC or the laptop would it 'automatically' take over the way that my pictures are currently stored, leaving 'Pictures' empty or would I be able to leave all my photo images in 'Pictures' as they are now and just move a particular photo into Elements to edit, improve it etc.
Also, I need to be able to e-mail photos as size 1400 x 1050, as far as I can see neither XP or Vista offers this size, would Elements enable me to do this.
Many thanks
Mike.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2008 10:58:02 BDT
K. Crabtree says:
Elements would leave your files in your Pictures folder. It can also store edited files wherever you want. If you use the Auto Downloader part of elements (when you attach camera or insert flash card) then that too will put files wherever you want though it may create sub-folders.
I do not use the Downloader or the Organizer parts of Elements; I am perfectly capable of organizing folders and albums myself.

As to your e-mail size: why 1400 x 1050? Most cameras are 4:3 or 3:2 ratio. 1400 x 1050 is approx 7:5. A 22" widescreen monitor is 1680 x 1005.
If you must have your size then you could use Elements to crop to 7:5 ratio and then change the resolution to get the 1400 x 1000
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  30 Sep 2008
Latest post:  10 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Photoshop Elements 6 (PC)
Photoshop Elements 6 (PC) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Windows Vista / XP)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (72)