on 2 May 2003
My daughter is 6 years and I found this book helped her to talk to me about her friendships at school. It has nice drawings of children and is easy for a 6-7 year old to relate too. It shows drawings of children in various school and play situations and the dialogue gives related information for a child that maybe experiencing a bullying situation or even a child that maybe bullying another child. This book is part of a series called M.Y.Bees which takes a first look at friendships and bullying.
on 23 December 2011
Bought this book to help a friend's son who was being picked on at school by the class bully. Before handing it over, my daughter (also 7) picked it up and was quite interested in reading it and pointing things out to me. My friend tells me her son has referred back to this book several times now and has talked to her about the contents of the book both in general terms and in terms of his own experiences. She tells me this book has really helped him - can't say better than that.