- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
Stonehenge Rediscovered [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Professor Barry Cunliffe and social anthropologist Lionel Sims investigate the history and development of one of the most iconic prehistoric sites on earth. Using cutting edge CGI, the programme presents an alternative theory as to not only the development of Stonehenge, but how prehistoric life developed across Europe.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are two plots in this one.
One, explores stonehenge in its neolithic context, great stuff and photography about Carnac, Avebury, Newgrange etc (buy this a along with a more narrowly focused dvd, like 'stonehenge decoded')
National Geographic - Stonehenge Decoded [DVD]
The second, is it explores the Lional Simms school of thought, this is based on his view of the Kalahari bushmen's culture and as such is just as anachronistic and geographically out of place as Parker-Pearson's school( see stonehenge decoded ) Beware, Simms' archeoastronomy with regard to the moon is very likely 'data selection' e.g. just back off down the avenue until the moon fits the gap, but saying the winter solstice was the big thing at stonehenge can not be so easily dismissed in the light of the neolithic context, nor can other genuine lunar orientation features. Simm's dislike of gardening prejudices his interpretations, watch it and you will see what I mean.
Oh and you get Jon Lord, flintknapping into the bargain.
OK, Im advising you to buy two Dvds, but they really are excellent complements of each other for a thinker, see both, choose your school of thought, or variation or look for another, theyre out there.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sadly, didn't find much rediscovered about Stonehenge in this DVD that Time Team hadn't already covered more thoroughly and accurately.