- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Stone Roses: Made Of Stone Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD)
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
In 2012, a resurrection no-one thought possible took place when legendary band, The Stone Roses reformed after 16 years.
With unprecedented access to previously unseen archive footage, Made of Stone is a revealing journey through the life of one of the most revered and influential bands in British music history.
Acclaimed film-maker Shane Meadows brings his unique directorial style, humour and emotional depth to the film, capturing the band at work and in their everyday lives as they rehearsed for their much-anticipated reunion, which culminated in three triumphant homecoming gigs at Manchester's Heaton Park in front of 220,000 adoring fans.
Incorporating never-seen-before material spanning the band's musical history, the personal experiences of many of those touched by the band and their music, and unparalleled access to the record-breaking sell-out concerts which took place in summer 2012, this is the definitive record of the definitive band of the past 25 years.
- Audio Commentary with Shane Meadows (director) and Mark Herbert (producer)
- Additional Performances including Fan Footage Highlights of Spike Island ‘90
- Behind the Scenes - Warrington Parr Hall
- Locating the Rehearsal Venue
- Shane's Hallelujah Moment
- Manchester Premiere
- Channel 4 News Piece
- Interview with Fans
- Fan Phone Footage
- Stoned love: Tour Montage
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The extras i found somewhat disappointing (sorry shane) whats on there is quality though the overlap in commentery and various director interviews grates and the spike island footage worth the price of the whole package it got some bad press at the time but its clear to see the crowd loved it ..sadly i missed that day and its great to see any clips this is rare stuff i have never seen and was rumoured to exist for years.Read more ›
The heart of the film is the footage from the band rehearsals as the various band members twinkle and smile there way through smoldering versions of "Something's Burning" and "Don't Stop". Meadows takes you right into the centre of the room and crucially captures the interplay between the band-mates, a raised eyebrow here, a fumbled note there it's all beautifully subtle, you can feel the love there and you'll be watching smiling as the band fall into place. There's not a great deal in the way of drama, a post Amsterdam gig strop by Reni is glossed over as the fan in Meadows doesn't want to step on any toes preferring just to document it from the audiences's point of view . It doesn't really matter though as they make their way to their triumphant return with the Heaton park shows showing that this isn't just about the past but about the future as The Roses prove they are at the very height of their powers. Fools Gold is rolled ,caressed and teased as they toy with the groove making it at times like Can and Squire, Reni and Mani cheekily throw in the odd Chic or Beatles riff.Read more ›
It was a no brainer to purchase the 3 disc (Blu-ray+DVD) steelbook edition. I wouldn't normally bother with a steelbook copy of a film but this was special circumstances and well worth the extra pounds. The design of the box is eye catching and the Blu-ray quality doesn't disappoint. The picture is great as is the sound and all the extra features make this that much better.
If your a true Stone Roses fan, buy this for those who haven't already and if that's you. Shame on you!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Luv the roses shame they didn't put the full heaton park gig on the dvd as well for memories sake.Published 2 months ago by julian davison
Awful disappointment. What I wanted to see in this collection was the concert footage of the Stone Roses fantastic reunion Heaton Park concert(s). Read morePublished 3 months ago by Chris D