Stealing the Network: How to Own a Shadow
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£33.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 30 December 2007
I have read the entire "Stealing the Network" series and the first three books, especially the second was excellent. It balanced an interesting story with technical knowledge that taught the reader and showed what tools and tricks real hackers used.

'How to Own a Shadow' is completely different than the other three books. It is mostly revolved around one single character. Instead of each character performing one 'hack' per chapter in the previous books, each chapter is used to further develope the character with a few bits of boring SQL injection. Infact, this is mostly all this book is about, SQL injection. No Nmap, wireless cracking, getting into government networks and all the rest which defined the 'Stealing the Network' series.

I have just found myself skipping many pages because frankly the story was just too boring to read. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I was so dissapointed with this book, it was a disaster.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Stealing the Network: How to Own a Continent (Cyber-Fiction)
Stealing the Network: How to Own a Continent (Cyber-Fiction) by Russ Rogers (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2004)

Stealing the Network: How to Own the Box (Cyber-Fiction)
Stealing the Network: How to Own the Box (Cyber-Fiction) by Ryan Russell (Paperback - 1 April 2003)

Stealing the Network: How to Own an Identity
Stealing the Network: How to Own an Identity by Raven Alder (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2005)