Due to its use of phonics this book is more accessible at an earlier age than other 'reading series' that rely heavily on sight words. Level 3 is for children who know:
- The basic 26 phonics (a-z) (Level 1 Sounds)
- Plus phonics (ss, ck, ch, sh, th ng, ai, ee) (Level 2 Sounds)
- "Tricky" (sight) words (a, the, I, I'm, go, no, to, he, she, we, me, be, into, was, my (Level 1) // you, they, her, all are, said, so, have, like, some, come, were, there, little, one (Level 2)).
Each page contains sentences to decode (read using phonics) along with a picture to help a child understand the sentence and story. Each page builds on the knowledge learned on the previous pages and previous 'Start Reading' ebooks. For more ebooks that children can read independently search Amazon for: Start Reading Phonics Level 3.
- Interactive Flashcards - Easily skip between 'Flashcard' pages (touch screens - Fire & Fire HD).
- Start Reading Phonics Level 1
- Start Reading Phonics Level 2