The above title is a throwaway rhetorical question that was mentioned towards the end of the book and one that is echoing in my head as I write this at 2am having finished the book in one long sitting.

The book is chock full of well structured, eye-opening, real world sensible advice rather than airy-fairy nonsense.

The key themes of this book are so easy to understand and are broken down into small chapters with approachable action plans at the end of each chapter (which I've got to do!). The checklist at the start of Chapter 3 (Putting it into Practice) was particular helpful to me in thinking about how good some of my actual ideas are.

What was particularly interesting was Rachel started up a new business venture to showcase the concepts mentioned throughout the book from idea to market and beyond. This sure beats all those other books that mention how they made their money without even giving you clues as to what they do or how they dealt with the business!

I thoroughly recommend this book to any one who wants to take positive steps to developing their own business - however big or small they want it to be and however unique or not it is.

Good luck to everyone!
on 31 August 2012
I've read all Rachel's other books and so was really looking forward to this one, and I wasn't disappointed. If anything, this is actually a more useful and practical book that the earlier ones, which concentrate more on how other entrepreneurs made their fortunes. This one is full of sensible advise for those wanting to start off in business but who hasn't got thousands of pounds to set it up with, such as how to set up an office, get a website up and running and how to get noticed and attract customers, sometimes without spending any money at all!

Throughout the book she is also setting up her own business to put her ideas into practice which is a great idea and means she's actually doing it herself rather than just talking about it. She's also good at saying what type of businesses you should be setting up if you haven't any money to spend, rather than what you might like to but which would be inappropriate, eg spending thousands of pounds and several years on researching and developing a totally new product, or signing an expensive lease for a shop. Instead she is all about sticking to your strengths, selling what people need rather than just want, using outsourcing in a loads of inventive ways and getting paid upfront if you can. And not shelling out vast amount of money you haven't got!

It is tightly written with lots of practical ideas rather than endless waffle and extremely relevant in this current climate. She illustrates her tips with lots of interesting case studies of other businesses too so you can see what worked for other people. Basically you don't need to save up a massive pot of cash before you go it along - do it now!
on 3 September 2012
As an entrepreneur i often read these publications without much regard as they are often not useful and not from people with real knowledge of front line SME business. This book however is not like that, it is very informative and straight away the author works hard to provide useful content and show what can be achieved for those that really want to. The key with this book and why i say you should purchase it, is that she not only motivates the reader but then supports the reader with material and links that you can use at the critical time, not at the end of the book. So as you read the book you can then go to the website whilst its fresh and check out the pages she is suggesting. so I have to say a really well written publication, you would be foolish if you did not purchase the book, if your an entrepreneur already with companies as I am then it really is just nice to read the book and feel the energy that the author lets out through its pages. Good safe buy, worthy of the price tag and congratulations to the author for achieving a successful publication. BUY BUY BUY...!
on 12 February 2013
A step by step course on how to spend little money - thus little risk - in starting a business. I clarified things I knew from being in the Amway business, and made them universal. Well worth the price - I had the Kindle version at under £10. She also went through what she learnt as she started her own business, illustrating pitfalls and successes.
on 31 December 2012
I found this book most informative and would be useful for anyone wishing to start an enterprise with limited Financial, and Human resources.

I would throughly recommend this book to anyone who is considering starting an enterprise as it would provide a good reference and also enlighten the reader as to the complexities of webpage optimisation etc.

Throughly enjoyed the book and i will revert should i one day consider starting my own enterprise.
on 3 February 2014
I'm a student in my final year and I'd love to set up my own business. Naturally I have very little money to invest in a new start up but this book has given me LOADS of ideas on where to start. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to become an entrepreneur.
on 10 December 2014
Packed with very useful tips and ideas for business starters.

One of the best book for entrepreneurs that I have read.

Rachel has shared very practical and straightforward experiences and ideas.
on 3 November 2014
An excellent book with loads of tips, advice and help to get you started with setting up your own business 'without any money'. I would rate this book 10 out of 10 and would advise anyone thinking of branching out of their own to get their hands on this book, it really is that good. I found it very difficult to put down once I started reading it. There are many examples of how to start a business with out any money, most of which I had no idea about, loads of success stories of others who have done it themselves, 'without any money'.
on 24 May 2016
Great book and alot common sense stuff that you can miss when you're starting out. Alot of real examples with resources of useful website, companies and government bodies. I was on chapter 18 when I've done this review. First book I've read cover to cover with determination to start a business this year. Good luck.
on 29 May 2013
Absolutely loved this book and feel so inspired to start something of my own. Great to read a book about starting a business written with a sense of humour.