on 22 November 2012
Excellent! Wish these had been around when I was young. Slightly plasticky, but durable and makes all the right sounds and effects. My son loves it. After a couple of months moderate battle use (my son is sensible), a battery wire came loose and shorted. A relatively easy fix with a good soldering iron and now as good as new.
on 3 February 2013
This toy is the one my kid chose with his christmas money. I thought it would be rubbish because of the cheap price ,but it isn't it flashes and makes sounds.Such a great price for a great toy.
on 25 March 2013
There are just some gift in life that you know are perfect. When someone is listed in your phone as Darth Vader and wanders round the house in a black, hooded robe you have to think very carefully about what to buy them for a birthday present. I tried and dismissed many ideas until I came across this. It was just perfect! I ordered it and it arrived next day, fully working with no fiddly assembly or batteries to fit. The sounds effects are great, the light effects when you turn the Saber off and on are great and this is just about the best thing you can buy anyone as a gift, no matter what their age is.
on 10 December 2012
First of all this is a great lightsaber but not the best you can buy by a long way ( if you have the money to spend) but it is still great fun to use, the quality is good and the sound effects are great. My 5 year old son has given it some hard knocks and it is still in one piece (I have told him not to be so hard on it but he gets carried away when playing) but not sure how hard you will get off with before it falls to pieces so keep this in mind.
Value for money I think is good and when you turn the lights off in the room the light from it is fantastic, and yes the big kid that I am I bought one for myself so we could have fights together in the dark, but remember this is a child's toy not an adults so if you are looking for one for an adult you will have to spend a lot more money for one.

So all in all I think if you buy this you will enjoy it and have hours of fun playing with your kids.
on 8 May 2013
Bought this for my brother's birthday (he isn't really a fan of SW:TCW) but wanted a lightsaber. He wanted it to be light up so I bought him this one. He loves it. The amount of times that he hits shows his love for it. All I can say is that if you see a 7 year old with a lightsaber, RUN. It hurts :)
on 10 February 2013
much more robust than i expected for price, sound effects are extremely realistic, took a day to realise that it has a separate on/off/demo mode switch. powers up and down just like in the film. As title says perfect for small boys (and dads) to play with
on 3 January 2013
My grandson loved this for Christmas! He said it was his best present and played with it
the most. Someone else bought him one which didn't light up or make a noise and his
Dad held that one and they had mock up fights together. Great fun! A definate hit!
on 30 June 2013
Exerlent buy my 7 year old son loves it. the delivery was very fast, the size is great, the sound effects are "out of this world"! There are 3 mode settings off, test & battle! Another great buy from Amazon, "you are my only hope"
on 10 May 2013
I bought this for my son 7 years birthday .He was very pleased and have lots of fun playing with it . I would said the price is reasonable for its value , if the sound can be louder it will be a perfect light saber for a child to play .
on 3 July 2014
My 2 year old whacked me with this several times and chased me round the room.
It hurt, so it's sturdy and it made a load of realistic star warsy noises.
He enjoyed it, even if I didn't.