Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 14 June 2014
The narrative began much in the way of many a space based story but soon develops in to something quite original, in both its pace and direction. As I got to know the two main characters and what makes then tick, I became quite enamoured with their story and the gulf separating them, he from a long tradition of lone space farer's and she from an unfamiliar culture with a language unknown to him. What soon develops is expected but not in a predictable way.
Well written and leaving the reader wanting more, what else is there to say when you find a good read!
on 13 June 2014
The hero's kind heart leads him to acquire a bride unexpectedly. Then he has to deal with his sudden responsibilities and find a way of getting rid of his bride that doesn't hurt her or her feelings.
Whether he keeps her or not I won't say, but the story is sweet and worth a peak.
on 10 May 2014
Star Wanderers has an interesting premise and is clearly the prequel to a longer, further developed series. I'm thinking about reading the next ones...
on 25 May 2013
This is obviously part 1 of a longer series and as such it sets an interesting scene for specualtive science fiction of a pureist genre.
on 10 June 2015
I bought this book a while back, and i have to say i really enjoyed this book. I bought the others also. It was wonderfully written as the Author keeps you interested, page after page. I love the idea of how he met his wife, their humble beginnings etc. To be honest, I can't see how someone wouldn't like this story, but everyone has their own taste and this was a great choice for me. One of my favourites.
on 21 May 2015
I enjoyed this story for a couple of reasons. The storyline was laid out early and it didn't get tangled up with a bunch of useless avenues that went nowhere. There is a nice back story that wasn't going to get the reader lost in the over thinking of the author. I am recommending this to my grandson that is trying to write his first story. I think he will see you don't need to complicate a storyline.
on 8 August 2013
I found the story a bit too short, but it showed imagination, and I will probably read one of his other works soon. I suspect the author has some maritime sailing experience behind him, which helps to make the space travel descriptions credible. A short, pleasant romantic novel, but it left many questions unanswered which, in the answering, could have turned it into a fully fledged novel.
on 28 October 2013
I can see what the author is trying to do. In the same way Arthur Conan Doyle submitted his stories, serialised in newspapers he is using On line media to deliver a chapter by chapter portion of his book. Maybe it's the way forward, or maybe it will become a soap opera, (hopefully not). Time will tell. For now I am personally prepared to follow it a little longer
on 11 December 2014
I enjoyed this novella. It is not an epic Space opera but takes an interesting look the life of an ordainary trader and examines the psychology of a someone facing the intense loneliness of space. Interesting given we as a species are starting to look at this aspect of the challenge of travelling to Mars
on 27 June 2014
Tended to read as the start of a bigger story - I didn't check the word count so was expecting it to be a novel rather than a short story; however, it was free. Interesting concept and fairly likeable characters, making a nice easy read.