Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 October 2012
Star Vigilante is one of the best hard sci-fi novels I've read in years.

T. Jackson King has put together an outstanding action-packed thriller complete with cyborgs, deadly aliens,spaceships and high-tech weaponry galore. What a thrilling read and page turner. The author keeps alive the traditions set by Robert C. Heinlein and Ray Bradbury.

This novel has such scope, complexity and sense of humanity that it leaves the reader awed and inspired. It's a Robin Hood tale in space.

The author himself has a rich background. He's a longtime sci-fi writer, professional archaelogist (a modern Indiana Jones) and journalist, a former traditionally published author, and a top class science fiction writer.

At only $2.99, the Kindle version of this novel is a steal and well worth a much higher price.

My only quibbles with the book, and they are minor, is that the action is so relentless it hardly gives the reader time to breathe and a few scenes go on for an unnecessarily long time. A bit tighter editing is called for in places.

But if you're a sci-fi fan, you must read this book. I'm not a sci-fi writer but the book is an excellent example of how to write a great book. It has many of the elements of thrillers, which is my genre, and captivates the reader from beginning to end.

This is a solid, fun read and well worth your time. An unreserved 5-stars!
on 8 April 2014
Very much enjoyed - classic hero romp. Tech content was high - I really enjoyed the explanations for all sorts of tech - I have no idea if any of it is based on fact but it comes across as highly believable - well done TJK. I have just purchased the next in the series. Danny
on 13 June 2014
Excellent. Really enjoyed the read. The size and volume of the adventure must build to an epic story. I look forward to later books
on 28 May 2014
great book looking forward to the next one. Well written and encaptivating. One of the best sci-if novels for ages
on 8 July 2014
I do not hate it but it is so difficult to like it.

I usually cannot stop reading even bad books. Fortunately I was able to put this one aside (with a shudder).
on 26 August 2014
Good read could not put down recommended.
on 16 April 2014
Great story. Keeps your attention from start to finish. Roll on the next episode. I need to know what is going to happen next.