on 18 June 2003
This novel retakes the mirror universe from Star Trek TOS 'Mirror, mirror' before it was featured in Deep Space 9 and brings a very different Enterprise to confront our heroes.
With her exceptional dominion of TNG characters, Diane Duane created a novel which not only forces our heroes to face their darkest side, and their darkest enemy (exception be the Borg), but which also explains the workings of power and conquer in a coherent way, and brings to us the true spirit of Star Trek in its fullest, strongest flavor. I read it many years ago and it's still one of my favourite ST novels, I felt transported into the story in a very vivid way, and became part of the crew, and faced their very same problems. It's definitely one of the best books by Diane Duane I have read to the date.
on 5 May 2000
i loved this story line. diane duane's ability to discover the dark side of our fave characters is amazing. i felt that there should have been more explaination for why troi and riker hated each other and perhaps a few more sceens with them alone together, but all in all it's a great tale .
on 26 August 1999
This is one of the best ST:TNG novels, I wish this could be made into a Film as all of the TV episodes that touch on the Parallel Universe theme are (in my opinion) amongst the best. This is a novel full of atmosphere, the other (mirrored) set of characters are introduced very well. If you are fascinated by the concept of the Parallel Universe you cannot get better than this book...Order It and Order IT NOW!!!!!!!!!
on 2 July 2000
This book is a real page-turner...It perfectly connects up to the series synopsys and gives the reader a real insight on how things just might have turned out. I especially like the references to the mirror universe's history and the counterparts carreers. It's far better than most of the trek books i've ever read.
on 24 May 2016