on 15 February 2009
Nice strong files, with strong metal hangers. Tabs and paper labels included. Delivery was quick.
on 19 September 2011
Product arrived pomptly hence the one star.

These suspension files are paper thin and nowhere near as robust as those I presently use.

Heavyweight is most certainly not the word I would use to describe them.

Not Happy.
VINE VOICEon 7 November 2009
I had a look around before I purchased these. They were considerably cheaper than options from Ikea, Staples etc. Quality is absolutely fine, and they come with crystal tabs to fit on the top, and presumably labels to fit in the tabs - but I seem to have lost mine. If I ever need more suspension files, I would not hesitate to purchase these.
on 13 November 2010
Downsized from a commercial foolscap filing cabinet so a bit worried that the A4 suspension files might be a bit too flimsy. Arrived promptly and far better quality than I thought - you may not want to overfill them but certainly worth the money.
on 27 July 2012
I was so disappointed with this product. If this manilla is heavyweight I'd hate to see the lightweight version! However the worse thing about the files is the clear plastic tabs that supposedly clip onto the top so you can label the contents of each file. They just constantly fall off and get lost inside the filing cabinet, meaning I have a chaotic drawer with unlabelled files. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and scrap the lot and try and find a better system.

I would say Don't buy this product. It may seem cheap but I've found it useless....
on 7 July 2012
Before I purchased these suspension files I did a bit of research including reading customer reviews. I did wonder how you could get reviews as different as the following examples for the same product.
"Nice strong files, with strong metal hangers."
"metal a bit bendy and flimsey but ok, does the job just need to be gentle."
Well, the ones I received certainly match the second description rather than the first. They are quite flimsy, both the metal hangers and the 'card'. Just what the definition of 'Manila Heavyweight' is I'm not sure but I can only assume that the thickness of card used meets the requirements of the trade descriptions act. I would imagine if these files are filled up to the recommended maximum capacity of 15mm, that after a bit of use they would be destined for the rubbish bin.
I suppose at the price of £13.48 the quality is what you would expect though if I had paid the supposed RRP of £58.03 I would be asking for a refund!
on 1 June 2009
I was very, very pleased the company. I had ordered the wrong size files and they were helpful, efficient, prompt and true to their promise in replacing the item with the correct one.

I would encourage anyone to use their services.

I certainly will be using them in the future.

Best

G. Walker
on 31 August 2010
For the price, very good value. The metal suspension bars are perhaps not as strong as I would like, but then, you get what you pay for. The more substantial files are very much more expensive, and these, after all, are quite satisfactory as long as you don't overload them.
These are excellent suspension files.

The main body is made from a thick gauge card which is strong and can hold a decent chunk of paper records without sagging or bending. I have noticed though that if I overfill them then the metal part can start to bend. However, to date I have never had one snap or become detached from the main part of the file.

The metal frame at the top perfectly fits both sides of the runners inside by filing cabinet. Even when they are stuffed fairly full of paper and being slid back and forward in the filing drawer they have never lost their grip or unbalanced.

They come with a clear plastic tab which can be easily clicked into place on the metal runner. I like that this can be placed in any position along the width of the metal frame. When you store lots of these files together it is really useful to be able to offset the plastic tabs so that you can easily read the labels without having to move all of the files. Perforated white card inserts are supplied for you to write on. These slot in the back of the clear plastic tabs. However, if you run out you can just cut your own card or paper to size and use that.
on 23 November 2010
It is a little bit on the cheap and cheerful side, not the best quality maybe but it is cheap and it does the job, i am happy with my purchase.