4.5 out of 5 stars1,187

on 19 June 2013
This paper might well claim to be 80gsm but it feels so much lighter than that. That aside, I could live with it feeling flimsy if only it would actually pass through the printer. Practically every single attempt at printing - jam after jam after jam. I don't know if it's been incorrectly stored at the distributor's. Had me worried that it was the printer that was stuffed until I tried a few pages of a different brand. They went through straight away. Looks like I now have over 2400 loose pages which are useless for printing on. Oh well I suppose the kids can draw a pretty pictures on them.

Avoid it like the plague.
on 25 October 2012
The paper is fine but the packing was awful. It didn't come in a box as the picture and product title imply but in a cardboard tray the size of the bottom pack of paper, with the rest of the packs tied to it. All the paper covers had come undone at the ends. Thankfully only a few sheets were ruined but I wouldn't buy again unless the packing is changed.
I use 5-Star copier paper in my fax machine and also for bulk office printing where it offers good value for money. The paper feels thin and is not as white as other papers I have used and so I do not use it for documents and letters that I send out to clients.

I tend to buy from Amazon direct and in batches of five reams as that usually, but not always, means the paper should arrive inside the original box, which offers better protection during the delivery process. On the odd occasion where reams have been packed more loosely inside a different box they have been shrink wrapped in a sturdy plastic, which has also ensured an undamaged consignment.

It is invaluable as an office workhorse and ensures that I do not feel the pinch when it comes to printing off lots of information when preparing/checking accounts, proof reading client reports and so on.
on 7 January 2013
Yet another market place seller sending out different products to the ones advertised. This paper (from Universal Office Products Ltd) was NOT 5 Star paper. Maybe paper is just paper, however in my opinion, these companies are selling a cheaper/inferior product and as far as I'm aware, are breaking the law as they are advertising a different product. Watch out for this seller. This is not the first time this has happened, so I'm sure plenty of other sellers are doing the same. Amazon-you need to sort this out.
1010 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2014
Paper came in a damaged, resealed box which had clearly been dropped off Mt. Everest.

'ALL' reams in box had been torn exposing the contents to the elements rendering them not fit for purpose.

Would not use this seller 'Universal Office Products Ltd.' again.

Paper branded as VariCopy not 5 star as advertised (will contact trading standards to make a complaint).

Clearly a scam artist, for whom I'm sure there is a special place reserved in hell.

A complete and utter waste of £15.48, and to think I actually used up some of my precious life ordering from these cowboys.

I don't want a refund. I just want to slag you off. You can't give me back the time I spent putting the order into you bunch of toe rags!

My only wish is that if by posting this scathing review costs you one sale, I can go to my grave satisfied.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2013
Originally had a problem with the dispatch of this item and finally received it, the quality of the box was terrible arrived and basically the box fell apart, this would not bother me if the box was the only thing in a bad situation but the paper in the first pack i have opened and began to use is bent in corners due to the poor quality of the box either in transit or from amazon, this is the lowest quality item I have received from amazon. not happy at all.
on 9 November 2009
Excellant value. I shall buy more when the time comes. This is 500 sheets of good copier paper and I recommend to anyone.
on 30 January 2011
This paper is excellent value for money. I was worried when I ordered that after reading some reviews that it would be below parr but was plesantly surprised when it arrived. It was delivered promptly and was well packaged but most of all I was surprised by the quality of the paper it is smooth and not as thin as expected. It is excellent for my requirements and I will definatly be ordering more when I need too. Many thanks.
on 3 July 2013
Really thin poor quality paper - not to be recommended - it always jams in the printer. Suggest you opt for something else!
on 11 February 2010
Good value for money, as much cheaper than 80gm paper I have bought elsewhere -- and white 80gm paper is white 80gm paper wherever you buy it. Buying a 5 ream box this way certainly beats carrying it home from the shops!
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse