When my son said he wanted to collect stamps, I looked at several products before deciding on this one. It is good value for money and comes in a nice boxed set (would be ideal as a present) with a stamp album, 250 worldwide stamps, a pack of stamp hinges, a booklet about stamp collecting, a map of the world and some little tweezers and a tiny magnifying glass. The only downside with this set is that you just about need a magnifying glass to find the magnifying glass and you can't add more pages to the stamp album. However, it really does contain everything a child needs to start this hobby and has kept my son happily occupied for several hours over a wet, half term holiday. It is educational, interesting and good value for money and I would not hesitate to recommend it. Putting the stamps in the book is a little fiddly though, so probably eight or nine is as young as I would consider buying for and it is probably more suitable for 10+.
on 15 January 2011
I bought this item for my son and it is an ideal first album. There is information provided and plenty of stamps to start off your collection.
on 8 May 2013
I bought this to encourage my 8 year old daughter to take up a new hobby that didn't involve plastic toys and collectibles, and was really pleased that she was drawn in by the pack and its presentation. I like the fact that it has all the bits and pieces that you need to get started, and is ideally suited for small hands. While she doesn't play with it that often, when she does, she spends much longer than I had expected her to, really enjoying looking at the details of the different countries and taking a lot of trouble to stick the stamps very carefully into place. Great for improving her geographical knowledge (I know mine benefitted from stamp collecting when I was a child too). A great gift for anyone who is sick of buying commercial toys. I was so pleased with it that I bought another set for my nephew of the same age when his birthday came round, and he was equally pleased, despite being as firmly addicted to his plastic toys as my daughter is to her cuddly ones.
on 15 June 2011
The pack contains all that is needed as a starter pack, bought for grandson age 12, has achieved what was required and supported his interest.
on 6 March 2011
The starter pack has a great hard back stamp album, a nice large pkt of world stamps and hinges. The magnifing glass is rather small and the tweezers snapped pretty soon after opening the box. There is a nice book explaining the art of stamp collecting. There are a couple of magazines and a catalogue which are not really suitable for children at all. Overall it is a nice starter set.
on 3 September 2011
A nice looking album, with a generous 250 stamps which almost fill the album's 10 pages. The magnifying glass is small but effective but the plastic tweezers failed to pick up the stamps. A useful magazine is provided, but more aimed at adults than children.

Overall, acceptable but with some disappointments.
on 28 March 2013
Plenty of things in the kit for my 9 year old daughter to get started with and hold her interest. Loads of stamps. She loves it and is just getting started learning about the stamps.
on 26 June 2014
This was given as a gift to my grandson. He loved it and I (a stamp collector of old) liked it just as well.
on 27 April 2015
Very small magnifying glass but other than that, very good value for money
on 15 December 2014
Very pleased with prompt deliver