This is a great ukulele for the price, and I'm extremely happy with my purchase. There have already been several good reviews of the ukulele on Amazon, so I thought I'd try to summarise some of the uke's good and bad points.
* The ukulele has a nice tone, plays well and stays in tune. There are no frets which buzz or fail to play properly.
* It has geared tuning heads, which I find easier to use than the basic non-geared ones.
* The colour and general appearance of the ukulele are very nice -- it's much less garish than those painted Mahalo ones
* It came with a good case
* It has fretboard markers (at frets 5, 7, and 10 -- different to the guitar, but NOT a mistake). These are simply paper stickers, rather than proper inlayed markers, but will still provide assistance to beginners. It doesn't look like all the Mahalo ukes have these.
* The strings look and feel quite cheap, but generally stay in tune. As already mentioned, better quality replacements are not expensive.
* The build quality of my uke feels OK, but the screw on the back of the G tuning head was rather loose. I found that the G string stayed in tune better after I'd tightened it
* The action (i.e. the height of the strings above the fretboard) is quite high. On my uke there is a 4mm gap between the strings and the top of fret 12. From what I've read, ideally the action would be a bit lower than this. I am considering lowering the action myself (instructions can be found online).
I got mine from Manns Music -- I ordered it on Sunday night, and it arrived on Tuesday morning.