3 years of Accident Cover for your Kindle
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. With the 3-Year Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle, you are protected starting from day one if breaks occur because, for example:
- Your child knocks it off a table
- The dog chews it
- You drop it in water
- It gets trodden on
In addition to accidents, the 3-Year Warranty also covers you from all electrical and mechanical breakdown for an extra 2 years after the standard one year manufacturer warranty ends. This includes battery replacement if the maximum charge falls below one-half of the original potential.
Your 3-Year Warranty cover includes:
- Multiple Kindle replacements, with no excess or fees
- Hassle-Free Express delivery both ways
Easy Claims Filing
The claim process is painless - start by calling 020 3356 6205, 7am to 9pm GMT, 7 days a week.
SquareTrade will ship a replacement Kindle to you (same or newer model depending on availability). You will also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send back the damaged Kindle to the depot. A valid credit card is required on file to do an advanced exchange. If you don't return the damaged Kindle within 30 days, you will be charged the price of the replacement device.
SquareTrade has designed the warranty with your needs in mind. They make it easy for you to:
Within 90 days you may cancel for a full refund if you haven't claimed on your warranty. After that, you are reimbursed the unused part of your warranty - e.g., if you cancel your 3-year warranty after 18 months with no claims, you'll get 50% of your money back.
Transfer at No Cost:
When your Kindle changes ownership, so can your warranty.
You get 3 years of accident protection for your Kindle at a price that is about 40% less than what you would find at other similar retailers.
Know your options
Before getting a SquareTrade Warranty for your Kindle, you should know that you may be covered in other ways. Here’s a look at some of the options you have:
|Coverage Plan ||Comments |
|Home Contents Insurance ||Every Home Contents Insurance policy differs, so be sure to check your policy to see if it offers portable electronics cover (not all do). Some policies may also have an Excess that is close to or higher than the value of your Kindle. |
|Sale of Goods Act ||It does not cover accidents – which are the majority of Kindle failures. For more information, see: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-should-it-last |
|Consumer Credit Act ||The Consumer Credit Act doesn't provide cover for accidents or to products that break down beyond the manufacturer's warranty. |
Other Things You Should Know
- Upon purchase, you will get an email. This is your official confirmation of a purchase. A paper confirmation will also be sent to you via post. So as to offer an efficient customer experience, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions from the link at the top of the page. There is also a link to an easy to understand Key Facts Document with a summary of answers to the main questions you may have.
- Start Date: Warranty lasts three years from Kindle purchase date. Your warranty plan begins on the date you purchased your Kindle and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your warranty plan to the actual shipping date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For Freephone assistance please call 020 3356 6205. Call us 7am-9pm GMT, 7 days a week - an agent is always happy to assist you.
SquareTrade - The Top-Rated Warranty for Service*
*As rated by consumers across Amazon.com, ResellerRatings.com, and NexTag.com.