Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 August 2009
Bought two of these for a friend of mine as a thank you for a little favour. I arrived equipped with a potato and suddenly the two of us were eight again and running round, knees bent, alternately advancing and ducking for cover.

The guns are well-made and look like they will last for a long time. Most importantly, they break down for full cleaning. If you've ever smelt rotten potato you'll know how important that bit is.

They are also pretty powerful for a spudgun - my son has a metal one and it only fires a third of the distance of these ones.

So, good, clean fun with the risk of minor eye injuries thrown in. Does it get any better?
on 31 December 2008
Kids these days, eh? All they ever want to do is sit in front of computers or play with other high-tech, battery-driven, brain-dissolving gadgets.

That is until you introduce them to a little piece of a bygone age - and the spud gun is certainly that.

I got this for my grandson in the hope that it would introduce him to a forgotten concept - that modern is not always best. And it worked perfectly; it turns out that the only reason kids these days aren't the same as kids from yesteryear is because they've never really had a chance to be.

This cheap little stocking filler has to be one of the best extras ever. Every kid who has seen it and had a turn wants one. Though laser sights, high velocity spuds and stealth combat suits would also be quite popular for the snipers among them.

Though I seem to getting through an awful lot of spuds lately. Strange or what?

I just can't rate this toy highly enough - although I'm sure the one I got looks different to the one shown. But who cares about that? As long as it works everything is cool.
on 15 October 2010
Would recommend this spud gun if you and your family like to have fun! I have 3 kids, who have loved playing with this..... Well worth the money.
on 25 June 2015
Pow pow potato. My girlfriends childhood was bleak with no toys and she had never seen one of these before so I bought one on here and the excitement of it has overwhelmed her. She now thinks she's a cowgirl and keeps jumping out from behind the sofa and shooting me with spuds. This has gone on for months and has made my life a misery I want my girlfriend back....
on 17 September 2009
I bought two - one for each of my 8 and 10 year old boy and girl. They absolutely loved them!
on 25 July 2009
kids have had fun with this takes me back to my childhood worth the money.
on 17 December 2009
Ordered two of these for my nephew for christmas [cos it's bit mean if he doesn't have one for his visiting friends to use in retaliation!]. So, the guns just arrived and I couldn't resist cracking open one box to see if the claims that it's a powerful little spud gun were true. Bits of potato were quickly pinging round my kitchen, bouncing off surfaces and any hitting glass [from right across the room!] made a clear "ting" sound! As I haven't yet been pelted, I can't say how much it hurts to be on the receiving but it's very easy to use and likely equal fun for children or adults. If there was anyone else home, I daresay we'd be running round the garden shooting each other with bits of potato and squealing with delight. Definitely these will be a lot of fun!
on 28 December 2009
my son loved this, and was well worth the money. it is very durable, and easy to clean.
on 23 November 2010
Good material- die cast. bought these as gifts for a retro hamper so haven't yet been given to the recipient but really happy with packaging. fast delivery. I've tried one out with the little pellets that come with it and it reminds me of being a kid :)
55 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2015
Absolutely useless, No power whatsoever. I bought it to frighten off squirrels but would have to stand on top of the squirrel to get any result. Range is about 1 metre with a strong following wind .I advise do not waste your money.