Today's smartphones provide a level of social connection far beyond what we imagined just a few years ago. But when you go beyond the reach of the grid, your smartphone needs the help of SPOT Connect to keep you in touch with friends, family, and emergency personnel. Simply download the app from the AppStore, pair your smartphone with SPOT Connect, and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet. Update Twitter and Facebook. Send email and text messages. Request non-emergency help from professional service providers. And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance.
The SPOT Connect pairs up with Smartphones to allow users to connect to a global satellite network and send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet.
- SPOT service plan required
- Update Twitter and Facebook, send email and text messages, request non-emergency help from professional service providers, and in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance
- Track Progress on Google Maps or the SPOT Adventures page
- Send messages from virtually anywhere via satellite
- SOS button for stand alone emergency operation
- Type and Send message (41 character limit) or send a Predefined message (120 character limit) options
- Smartphone app for operation and detailed status
- Integrates with SPOTadventures.com and popular social destinations
- Device Dimensions: 3 x 2.6 x 1.2"
- Weight: 4.9oz
|Run Time||5 Days or up to 260 Messages|
|Includes||2 AA Batteries|