There are 12 games in this package (many of which have sub games). They are:
- sky diving - link up with as many of the other skydivers and have your picture taken for extra points, or you can just skydive down and look at the island
- island flyover - pilot your own plane round the island and collect the 80 "i" tokens and unlock extras
- dog fight - the one problem with this game is that one person cannot play against an AI opponent, two people have to play - it is a shame as the game is great fun
ARCHERY - hit the targets as close to the bull as you can - can you spot and hit the hidden targets
- 3 point game - play alone or against friends - score as many baskets as you can
- pickup game - play a game of 3 on 3 basket ball
BOWLING - use the "motion plus" to add spin
- 10 pin - try to get as many strikes as you can to rack up the perfect score
- 100 pin - try to knock all the 100 pins down with one ball (I've fluked it once)
- spin control - dodge the obstacles on the course
CANOEING- use the Wii remote to paddle your canoe - yes it is as boring as it sounds
- speed challenge
- verses - even the competition side of this game is extremely dull
CYCLING - use the remote to peddle your canoe ... oops sorry, your bicycle round the island
- road race
- verses - as with the canoeing even competition can't make this any less tedious
FRISBEE - use the wii remote to angle your frisbee
- dog frisbee - hit the target and have your Wii pooch fetch your frisbee back
- frisbee golf - play the Wuhu Island golf course with your frisbee
GOLF - play a number of holes on the islands golf course
POWER CRUISING- use the Wii remote and nunchuk as handle bars to control the movement of your jet ski
- slalom course
SWORD PLAY - your wii remote is your sword
- duel - fight others
- speed slicing - beat your opponent to the cut
- showdown - use your skill to beat others
TABLE TENNIS - angle the Wii remote to add spin to the ball when you return it
- match - play against a Wii opponent or a friend
- return challenge - how many balls can you return before you miss
WAKEBOARDING - use your skill to perform stunts
The solo play allows you to hone your skills for those days when you take on your family and friends.
The main problem is that every player requires a Wii "Motion Plus" attached to their Wii remote - this is the only game I have (so far) that needs the "Motion Plus". So unless your friends bring their own or you buy multiple Wii "Motion Plus Accessory (Wii)
" devices it means that you will have to take turns in passing the Wii remote around, and this can get a little irritating for everyone concerned. If you don't have a motion plus and you still want Wii Sports Resort you can buy them as a bundle - Wii Sports Resort (Wii) with Wii MotionPlus Accessory
The "Motion Plus" means that rather than just hitting a ball in such as table tennis you can angle the Wii remote to put more spin on the ball and give it a different bounce and angle. This new power comes into its own in the ballgames such as bowling and table tennis, and is especially useful in frisbee and the air sports games.
Frisbee dog is a family favourite, which is made even more fun when you realise that there is music coming out of the dog's bottom. Archery and basketball are also favourites for multiple players. Unfortunately, cycling, canoeing, power cruising and to a lesser extent of wake boarding are particularly boring - even as team sports. Golf was tedious but golf frisbee is great fun.
My personal favourite for solo play is the air sports game "island flyover", although bowling, frisbee, and archery also see a lot of use.
As you progress in each game you can earn "stamps" which are the Wii sports resort equivalent of trophies. Some of these stamps are easier to achieve than others, but the desire to achieve these stamps was what drove me on to collect the full 80 token on the air sports "island flyover" at all three times a day, and kept me repeatedly trying for a strike in the hundred pin game in bowling, and keeps me trying for a 10 strike run in the bowling 10 pin game, and so on.
I use Wii sports resort when I need a break from one of the long story based games such as Tomb Raider and Resident Evil, but if you need something to keep people occupied at a party, at Christmas, on an anniversary, or at a birthday party; are just an excuse to have people come over and visit then Wii Sports Resort is just what you need.