Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 12 September 2012
This guy knows how to tell a tale with a twist in it.

Thrilling, spooky, scary and always unpredictable. My personal favourite is called `The Cure for Cancer'. Believe me, you just won't see the twist in the tale coming in this one. Brilliant. And really dark.

It's not just the plotting that raises this above the more usual stories of ghoulies and ghosties and things that go bump in the night - the language is well-crafted and engaging without dumbing down.

Brilliant for teens, tweens, and adults bold enough to tangle with a tingle. Yeah, you know who you are.
on 8 October 2012
I enjoyed this selection of short stort stories.
Some stories written in a style that puts you in the place of the story teller
as if you are being told the story first hand.
Some stories were a little short for my liking, but then thats the point of a short story i suppose.
Ideal stories to read at bed time, not too spooky and short enough that you can easily finish a couple of stories before you nod off.
on 4 October 2012
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. Some of them were a bit spooky, but definitely not scarey as I don't like horror stories. Some of them had me laughing out loud too. They are put together very well, making them a satisfying read. My favourites include The Haunted Car, The Hook and The Appointment in Samarra.
on 18 October 2012
I've always enjoyed reading ghost stories since I was a child so I was delighted to have come across these tales that pack a punch in just a few short pages. Whilst some tales have an underlying moral to them, others seem to be the author's versions of urban legends, such as The Face in the Window and The Hook. What I enjoy about the urban legends is that there doesn't seem to be any reason behind it other than pure terror and by making his tales short, the author conveys this really well. I also thought that the author was very clever in the way in which he incorporated humour into some of the stories; it was enjoyable having the tension and mystery building up in the story resulting in a punch line rather than a lesson or a scare and this variety made the collection very readable.
on 16 November 2013
Be warned - I came across the contents of this book all available in the public domain after I had already bought it. If there's a specific story you're after, save yourself some cash and search it first.
on 19 September 2013
These stories were pretty mediocre... I have read worse and they certainly did NOT scare me...but then agin they are aimed at the younger reader.