on 19 February 2011
In the space of a week I've bought and read 0-6 so my reviews are less about each individual book and more to do with the series

I don't normally write reviews - but I'm making an exception for this series as I really would urge everyone out there to try them. Start off with Broadcast 0 - it's free! If you don't have an ereader download the Kindle app for PC and give it a go. You just might find yourself hooked :)

You could read any one of the series but why spoil it for yourself? Start from 0 and become friends with a set of characters who engage you from the off. Highly recommended.
on 28 June 2011
Like a soap opera, you just know that, when things seem quiet or too good to be true, it is! The characters lurch from crisis to crisis and, as soon as you think they have succeeded, somthing unexpected (i.e. bad!) happens which throws them back into chaos!

Excellent read.

My only complaint is that the proof-reading seems a bit haphazard, but it doesn't stop the enjoyment.
on 6 April 2011
Like the previous reviewer, I downloaded the free book in the series and became hooked and have very quickly worked my way through the series - number 5 was disapointingly short but other than that I can't wait to download and devour the next one. Great characters, dark deeds and great space back drop. Definately worth a look.
on 9 May 2016
Reviewing the series and overall this is a very good well written series. Although the first 4 or 5 books are gripping and original, I found I was forcing myself to finish the last. Some great ideas but It just seemed to loose its way. As daft as it sounds the universe just got too big.
on 19 December 2011
This episode is all about consolidating the main characters as permanent crew for the Triton. There are a few surprises in here, which makes it worthwhile reading, and overall it sits nicely within the series. You also start seeing the thrust of the main plot involving Regent Galactic and the Eden fleet, which will presumably be played out over the remaining episodes.

However, I'm not impressed with the editing, e.g., "here, here" instead of "hear, hear", and numerous other minor grammatical errors. I know the book is cheap, but that is no excuse not to proof read it correctly.

Nevertheless, it was good enough for me to buy the next book in the series.
on 8 October 2013
I've read the previous books and thought they were brilliant. This one showed occasional elements of the story line and writing I have become accustomed to with this author but the story did not flow as well as usual. It seemed as if this story was just a vehicle to wipe the slate clean and allow the next book to start again from the beginning with all the characters alive and well. I feel cheated on the one hand but joyful on the other to have all the characters that I know and love back together. This aside I'm looking forward to the next book as this author is usually a good read.
on 28 April 2013
I've read the earlier books in this series and as I've bought this one I obviously enjoyed them. I have not yet decide if I will read the follow on books. The original concept was sound and I thought set the scene for a rollicking action base space opera. Unfortunately the pace of the book has slowed considerably. The author is letting himself get tied up in the minutiae of the story and there is very little action. I accept that some detail is needed to give the characters colour and to add depth to the story. I really don't care what happened when the crew went shopping for supplies in port. This sort of detail and unnecessary techno babble is, for me, becoming a bore. With such a good concept and possibilities in the story line it should have been much easier to make the book pacey and entertaining rather than boring.
on 22 June 2014
Typical of the genre, it's a bit over heavy at times on 'technical' detail which is adding nothing to the story, which itself is a little bit lacking in direction.
Overall, not all that much happens in this book, it's a bit disappointing.
on 6 June 2014
Plots, counter plot, and counter counter plots, this just gets better and better all the time. Really can't put these books down, going to be so disappointed when I catch up with the most recent book and have to wait for the next.
on 30 November 2012
I am a SciFi fan and found this a really good story . The fact that it follows the other books so easily is a nice change, so many don't. It got me into it to the extent I have to read the next book cos I have to find out what happened. This book was just right for me which is why I gave it 5 stars. some may disagree and whinge about the way it was written or dissect the plot ???? Why bother . It is a straight forward story with a few good twists and I am enjoying the series and am going to make sure I find the rest of the series.