Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£1.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 May 2014
Spenser Warwick is the author of the rather turgid Wardington-Smythe adventure novels and is drawn into an adventure of his own. He receives some obscure clues in cheap envelopes which are scented with a rare perfume. A youth named Norris is persuaded to help him as he is drawn into attempting to foil a plot which will damage the Commonwealth.

This is a change from Darren Humphries' recent fare of Agent Ward’s U.N.D.E.A.D. adventures and is set in Victorian times. I loved some of these characters, especially young Norris and The Lady with her wonderfully upfront attitude. I hope we see more in this vein. It's a great read.
on 6 May 2014
Delightful characters sprinkled throughout with laugh out loud humour. In a departure from his hugely successful UNDEAD books, Humphries introduces us to his suave yet slightly bumbling main character Spenser. I look forward to further adventures.
on 16 May 2014
I really enjoyed this old fashioned romp with it's homage to the bygone era of Boy's Own adventures.

The book is full of likeable characters - even the dastardly ones are well-conceived - and tongue in cheek humour. I laughed out loud in places at the scrapes the urbane yet bumbling Spenser gets being dragged into.

My only caveat is the mix of alternate history with (towards the end) a few modern references which, for a moment, pulled me up short.

But that's a minor quibble. Bravo Mr Humphries! I sincerely hope there will be more of Spenser Warwick's adventures to entertain me again in the very near future.
on 8 August 2014
Darren Humphries has been building a great series with his Man From UNDEAD novels, and now he slows down the pace a little to bring us Spenser Goes North, in which popular novelist Spenser Warwick gets embroiled in a complex plot that strikes to the very heart of an alternative Victorian Britain. Spenser Goes North shirks the high gag rate of the Agent Ward books for a slower burn, but fans can rest easy - the set-up and world-building dissolves into frantic action as the story reaches its climax.

Hopefully Spenser Warwick will be riding again very soon, as the closing chapter does hint at the setup of a potential series.
on 3 July 2014
Having read all the Undead series this new direction and new characters doesn't disappoint. It is 'easy reading' and none the worse for that - best described as a 'ripping yarn' with strong likeable characters. I hope there is a sequel on the way - if there is I will definitely be buying it.
on 25 July 2014
A reasonable steam punk thriller, but it seems a bit too arch for my liking and the 'hidden jokes' were too obvious for me....not in the same league as his UNDEAD series.
on 12 August 2014
Sorry, I just found it boring & a little silly (as opposed to humorous)