The activities systematically introduce and revise spelling conventions, suggest strategies for remembering common 'tricky words' and teach pupils how to monitor their own spelling. This intensive practice will enable children continually to develop, consolidate and improve their skills, encouraging them towards effective spelling for life. Book 6 covers:
- learning further prefixes and suffixes
- using knowledge of word structure and word origins
- spelling difficult words
- learning guidelines relating to word endings
- learning guidelines for word endings
- distinguishing between homophones and other words that are commonly confused.