- Explore our Children's Books Gift Guide to find the perfect gift for the child in your life.
• Brought into the Essential Modern Classic branding, with ‘More than a Story’ section featuring background information and facts
• Promoted to schools via teacher mailings and on www.collinseducation.com
• Berlie Doherty is the best-selling and award-winning author of Dear Nobody and Granny was a Buffer Girl , both of which won the Carnegie Medal.
• Other Essential Modern Classic available: Elidor (978-0-00-727478-9), The Giver (978-0-00-726351-6) and Journery to Jo’Burg (978-0-00-726350-9)
Laura saw the creature, silvery-white-haired, with a pearly horn between his ice blue eyes, and she saw the long-haired men beasts come leaping at her, out of the shadows.
Laura's blindness is suddenly lifted when Spellhorn and The Wild Ones know that only Laura can take them back to the safety of the Wilderness. But will Laura ever return to the darkness of her own world again?
"Berlie Doherty has magic in her."
Purchased for use at primary school. Recommended reading to encourage deeper understanding of themes and implications. A challenging book for ages 7-10.Published on 6 Jun 2012 by Gnasher
Though I did find Spellhorn immensely well written, I found the plot was completely pointless and broke through occasionally, to put it one way. Read morePublished on 21 April 2002
I love the way the characters develop . It is so real in a non realistic way.Couldn't get better.Published on 25 Nov 1999