Customer Discussions > The King's Speech [DVD] forum

Special Features

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 May 2011 15:38:27 BDT
Dreamon says:
Customer Service has answered my message and I can confirm the special features are:

*Commentary with director tom hooper
*An inspirational story of an unlikely friendship - The making of The King's Speech
*An interview with mark logue (co-author of The King's Speech: how one man saved the british monarchy)
*Speeches from the real King George VI
*Production sketches from academy award® nominated Production designer Eve Stewart
*Photo gallery including a look behind the scenes

Posted on 15 Jul 2011 09:07:35 BDT
A. Jones says:
Is it playable on widescreen TV please?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2011 13:12:37 BDT
K says:
I'm afraid Olivia's info might be wrong. The list of extras is only true for the double disc edition) currently at Ł29.99) and the single disc edition has no extras at all. Can someone confirm who is right, me or Olivia?
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2011 20:42:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Oct 2011 09:29:48 BDT
Dreamon says:
I have the one disc edition, K and it has all the extras I mentioned above. I bought it from right here.

If you look at the Product details for the £27.99 version that you are talking about (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speech-Exclusive-Commentaries-Original-Speeches/dp/B00530ZOG2/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd) you will see that is has one disc only (not two!) and it is released by the same studio: Momentum Pictures Home Ent.

But like I said before, I have this cheaper edition.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2011 21:40:25 BDT
K says:
Right, let's get it straight finally: now I understand that there are two different single-disc editions, one (the affordable one at Ł5.99) without any extras and another one (the terribly expensive one at Ł27.99) with all the extras. Still, I don't understand why you posted the info about the extras under the cheap edition without any extras.

Posted on 9 Oct 2011 09:28:54 BDT
Dreamon says:
THIS EDITION HAS ALL THE EXTRAS AS THEY ARE LISTED ABOVE!
If you had clearly read my first post you will see that one of the Customer Service guys has confirmed that these are the special features included on the disc.

I have BOUGHT and OWN this edition at £5.99 and I can personally confirm that it has all these extras. Of course I posted here, because this is what I bought, not the other edition. Why don't you believe me?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2011 15:12:13 BDT
K says:
It's not that I don't believe you, Olivia, I just want to be 100% sure what I'm gonna get if I decide to buy the item above.

I admit I can't understand why there is the regular cheap edition with all the extras and another costly "special edition" containing the same extras. It is confusing, don't you think?

Also, in my country people are writing on forums that Britain has two editions of the film: single disc without any extras and a double-disc edition with the extras - that's why I wanted information from someone who has actually bought the edition above. Thank you Olivia, I'm going to place my order soon :-)

Posted on 9 Oct 2011 15:30:25 BDT
Dreamon says:
I also don't know or understand why there's a new expensive edition now, but when I bought this it was still almost 20 pounds. You can e-mail customer service to report and ask this. They were always very quick and helpful for me.

I honestly don't think UK has released 2 editions. I was looking for a double-disc UK edition too, but there isn't any as far as I know. I know there are double-disc versions on Amazon France, Italy and US- which have more extras than this UK single-disc edition. I have bought the French one.

I hope I've made myself clear now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  10 May 2011
Latest post:  9 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
King's Speech [DVD] [2010] [US Import] [NTSC]
King's Speech [DVD] [2010] [US Import] [NTSC] by Colin Firth (DVD - 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (633)