Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Sep 2011 14:33:49 BDT
Will this box set have any extra special features than the Blu-Ray box set. Or am I paying double the price for a numbered box set?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 14:45:40 BDT
J. Martin says:
This set includes DVD copies of the films as well as the ray editions, hence the doubled price, however it also includes a photo gallery booklet, but that's it.

So unless you're after a more snazzy packaging design, which I think looks far better than the standard edition, then I wouldn't bother with this one. Personally though I'm getting it as I prefer the packaging and also like the addition of the DVDs, even though it is double the price.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 15:10:46 BDT
After writing this. I went over to Play.com (http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/22120576/Harry-Potter-Complete-8-Film-Collection-Limited-Numbered-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=harry+potter&urlrefer=search) and it says it has 19 discs. Therefore two discs a film. Means that there will be an additional 3 discs of bonus features/digital copies maybe. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 15:39:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Sep 2011 15:46:28 BDT
J. Martin says:
I'm thinking there probably aren't 3 additional discs worth of extras, but that 2 of them are the 3D versions of the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 and 2 (since both are available seperately) and the final disc is probably a special features disc with possibly some big flagship documentary about the whole series, or maybe just general extras exclusive for the complete set.

That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Posted on 20 Sep 2011 16:09:50 BDT
This is how this the boxset is broken down:
19 Discs (8 x DVD, 8 x Blu-ray + 3 x Blu-ray EC). It includes all 8 movies along with a collectible retrospective photo album.
It does not include the 3D Blu-rays.

Hope this helps?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 16:13:13 BDT
What do you mean by 2 x Blu ray EC's?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 16:14:12 BDT
J. Martin says:
Where'd you get this info from?

Posted on 20 Sep 2011 16:34:33 BDT
3 x Blu-rays of special features. Over 5 hours worth apparantly.

Info came from Warner directly.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 16:38:25 BDT
J. Martin says:
Could you post a link, or was it via email?

I don't doubt your right, I just want to read it myself so I can see the details of the set in full.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 17:06:21 BDT
Email I'm afraid. I can asure you it's credible... if that helps in any way whatsoever? Keep an eye on the product as I believe Amazon will update with this information soon enough. So you can put your trust in their hands! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2011 18:01:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Sep 2011 18:01:38 BDT
J. Martin says:
It's alright, I believe you, but thanks anyway. I'll just wait until Amazon updates their page.

Posted on 20 Sep 2011 18:58:52 BDT
Does anyone know if this box set has any extended versions of the films?

Posted on 20 Sep 2011 19:11:45 BDT
I'll wait to a boxset of all the ultimate editions of the films (those USA ones) becomes available.

Posted on 20 Sep 2011 20:33:47 BDT
Rachael W says:
I don't think I want a boxset that has two versions of each movie in it. Seems like a waste of money when I'd only be getting use out of the one set. I'd rather they just did seperate blu-ray and non blu-ray sets. Both with the special features.

Posted on 21 Sep 2011 03:31:31 BDT
C. F. Reis says:
I agree. This is just an excuse to make people pay more for something they won't use. I won't use the DVDs, and I'm sure there's loads of people who won't use the blu-rays, so why don't they just make a separate box of Dvds and Blu-rays both with the same special features? Now, I live in Brazil, you go an check how much I'd pay for this. I prefer to wait for the USA version...

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2011 06:02:37 BDT
J. Martin says:
From what I've heard Warner didn't release any Ultimate Editions in the UK as they held off all the content in those sets for the complete set, and since the complete set has 3 discs worth of new extras it seems perfectly plausable that this is true.

So you might as well get this, not least because do you really want the first film to have the 'incorrect' title if you get the US releases?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2011 06:05:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2011 06:18:19 BDT
J. Martin says:
It's not really an excuse, as there are standard Blu-ray and DVD sets are available at much cheaper prices, with all the same content. Did you and Rachael W really search around here or did you just see this and assume there's only a Blu-ray/DVD collection?

Posted on 21 Sep 2011 06:23:21 BDT
DBS says:
this is a fans-only release. The 3 extra discs are the ones that already come with the individual releases os the blu-rays. So the only this "special" about this release is the book that comes with it and the pretty box. Nothing else.

(the dvd+blu ray is useful for those who happen to have both types of players at home and don't want to buy two separate releases. Thing is...by now everyone already has the DVD's...so it would have been better if they gad added REAL extra content to the release instead...)

Posted on 21 Sep 2011 21:32:23 BDT
haz1987 says:
Do dvd owners like me miss out on the special features? surely they can't fit each movie and special features on one dvd, the previous dvd editions were 2 discs each. My guess is it will be just the movies on the dvds which is a real shame.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2011 04:48:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Sep 2011 05:07:44 BDT
J. Martin says:
There might be a few extras on the DVD, such as commentaries and a few featurettes, but there's a good chance you'll be missing out on a lot of them, sorry.

Considering all the extras that'll be available it won't be possible to put them all onto one disc. For DVD you can really only fit 3-4 hours worth of content onto them, and when the Harry Potter films are approximately 2 you'll be pushing it without comprimising the picture quality. Why do you think so many so many DVD sets are 2 discs?

Yes they could include a second disc worth of extras, but then that would be a total of 27 discs for this set, which is both expensive and ridiculous. This set is being treated very much like a regular Blu-ray/DVD combi pack, where the main focus is on the Blu-ray, as that's where all the extras will be, and the DVD will be secondary with just a disc of the film on it.

It seems to me that the only way to get the complete set on DVD with all the extras will be in the standard release, and tbh when it's only 25 you can't really complain, so I'd go with that no matter how desirable this limited edtion set is.

Posted on 22 Sep 2011 10:14:12 BDT
Isn't it really obvious. 8x DVD 8x Blu-Ray , special features Half Blood Prince, Special features DH part 1, Special Features DH part 2. It says it in the product description. I'm more annoyed about leaving out the special features from 1-5. I do think it is VERY unnecessary to have DVD and Blu-Ray in one box set since blu ray players play DVDs it's just a massive waste of space to include both.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2011 11:00:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Sep 2011 11:01:23 BDT
J. Martin says:
Yes, DVDs can play on Blu-ray players, but most people only have one BD player in the house, so if they want to watch it in another room or even at someone else's house then they can use the DVD copy instead. I thought this arguement ended months ago.

And even so, if you don't want the DVDs then just get the standard edition, so what's the fuss?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb2864120)

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  20 Sep 2011
Latest post:  22 Sep 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter: The Complete 1-8 Film Collection - Limited Numbered Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) [2011] [Region Free]
Harry Potter: The Complete 1-8 Film Collection - Limited Numbered Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) [2011] [Region Free] by Daniel Radcliffe (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,864)