Doctor Zhivago [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Is this the same Blu ray as the Doctor Zhivago Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray Book) (1965) that is avaialble in the usa?
Which has massive amounts of extras ? and is also Region: FREE!
English, French, German, Italian, Castellano, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, none
* Audio commentary with Omar Sharif, Rod Steiger, and Lady Sandra Lean (wife of the late director)
* 'Dr. Zhivago' - A Celebration - part 1 (23:52) + part 2 (16:12) (both in SD)
Disc 2 (DVD)
* Doctor Zhivago: The Making of a Russian Epic
* Zhivago: Behind the Camera with David Lean
* David Lean's Film Of Doctor Zhivago
* Moscow In Madrid
* New York Press Interviews Julie Christie
* New York Press Interviews Omar Sharif
* Geraldine Chaplin's Screen Test
* This Is Julie Christie
* This Is Geraldine Chaplin
* This Is Omar Sharif
* Chaplin In New York
* Original General Re-release Trailer
8-song CD Soundtrack sampler
The supplements seem to have everything from the last 2-disc DVD Edition excepting the ability to access the Isolated Score. There are additions - on the Blu-ray disc is a new two-part, 40-minute, documentary entitled 'Dr. Zhivago' - A Celebration. It has input from an extensive line-up of filmmakers, historians and authors extolling Lean and highly lauded film with a backdrop of many scenes. This is unfortunately in SD and comparisons of said scenes to the 1080P are dramatic. The previous commentary with Omar Sharif, the occasionally frank and amusing Rod Steiger, and Lady Sandra Lean (wife of the late director) is still available. The entire second disc of the two-disc DVD edition (with 2001 VOB file dates) is included with no omissions. It constitutes 11 shorts featurettes on production, screen tests, bios, the re-release trailer etc. Warner have included an 8-song CD sampler (good for the car!) and lastly the discs are housed in a large 50-page Digi-book with beautiful color photos, essays and bios. It's quite thick and befitting the grandeur of the film. So, in short - there is new material and the CD and the booklet!
is this that same release?