|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
Special Edition Using FileMaker 9
The only FILEMAKER 9 book you need
We crafted this book to grow with you, providing the reference material you need as you move toward FileMaker® 9 proficiency and the use of more advanced features. If you buy only one book on FileMaker® 9, Special Edition Using FileMaker® 9 is the only book you need.
Make the most of FileMaker 9:
• Integrate the Web with FileMaker using the new Web Viewer
• Use the new external data sources techniques with SQL and ODBC
• Discover how to add supplemental fields in FileMaker to external SQL data sources
• See how the major changes in script editing and debugging can help you
• Learn new layout techniques, including conditional formatting and auto-resizing layout objects
• Find out how to use the new FileMaker Server Admin Console to administer databases
• Publish FileMaker databases on the Web using Instant Web Publishing, and use Custom Web Publishing with PHP or XML/XSLT
“The new FileMaker 9 product line is the most dramatic new offering in years with over 30 ease-of-use breakthroughs; and Special Edition Using FileMaker 9 is an excellent desk reference and companion resource for all FileMaker professionals!”
Senior Product Manager,
Jesse Feiler is a member of the FileMaker Business Alliance. He regularly consults on FileMaker and develops FileMaker solutions for small businesses, non-profits, art, retail point-of-sale, publishing, marketing, and other markets. He has created a number of video training courses, including one on FileMaker 7 and appears regularly on WAMC Northeast Public Radio’s Roundtable and Vox Pop shows.
ON THE WEB
Download modified FileMaker Starter solutions with added fields, scripts, and layouts to illustrate techniques in the book, along with other materials, from www.quepublishing.com and www.northcountryconsulting.com.
Covers FileMaker 9
User Level Intermediate–Advanced
has worked with FileMaker since its beginnings. He has written a number of books about FileMaker as well as Mac OS X, the Web, and new technologies; his books have been translated into Japanese, Chinese, Polish, German, Spanish, French, and other languages. His most recent book is How To Do Everything with Web 2.0 Mashups. As director of North Country Consulting, he has designed and implemented a variety of FileMaker solutions for small businesses and non-profits in fields such as production, marketing, the arts, printing and publishing, food service, and construction. He has taught and consulted widely on non-profit governance, and he is the founder of ChamplainArts.com–a listing of cultural events in 2 states, 2 countries, and 2 languages.