Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 February 2003
I purchased Enya's album, "A day without rain" and after listening to that, I had to buy more of her music. After quite a bit of deliberation, I decided to buy this box set which collects together the music from her previous albums. I have to admit that I was slightly worried about spending so much money on a collection I may not have enjoyed, I was happy to be have none of my fears realised.
Enya's music continues to inspire me, and this collection is probably the best purchase I have made in a long time. Enay has seperated the tracks by naming the CDs, "Oceans", "Clouds" and "Stars". Each CD has a different feel to it, a different tone. The majority of the tracks from "Clouds" are instrumentals for example.
Having now heard the majority of Enya's work, I can see how her music has developed and progressed over time.
This album is great to relax and unwind to - great for the end of the day. If I had to decide which tracks or which CDs I prefer in this collection, it would have to be "Clouds" and "Stars". Any fan of Enya's music should get this box set, I think. The artwork in the book provided with the set is also worth spending the money on. All in all, this is a lovely presentation of Enya's musical career.
A Box of Dreams - definitely, in many ways...
on 17 October 2000
I love to listen and relax to Enya's voice and music. I have all of her CD's but I couldn't resist buying this boxed collection and I'm really pleased I did. I have been through 'troubled times' and found comfort in listening to 'The Box of Dreams', I could also reflect on the past, and as quoted in the little book that comes with the CD's "Reflections on the way life was, the way life is, the way life might be..." along with the beautiful music is something really special to me. I love the way songs have been divided into groups such as oceans, clouds and stars,( my favourite is stars) the boxed set is brilliant and if you are an Enya fan like myself I certainly would recommend owning this collection, you will not be disappointed and who knows it may hold something special for you too
on 24 October 2009
In contrary to the (in my oppinion) rather un-interesting (if more recent) Only Time collection, the Box Of Dreams is a release that's truely magnificent and carefully worked over in every detail. From the masterfully thematic devision of the songs on the disc to the exquisite artwork, there's not a finger to put on this release.

What makes this collection so special is the way songs are divided by themes. The first disc "Oceans" features her more uptempo songs and runs pretty similar to the contemporary hits collection "Paint The Stars With Skies". Familiar hits like Orinoco Flow, Book Of Days and Anywhere Is dominates the first part of the disc, whereas my favorites feature later on the disc and include the gorgeous I Want Tomorrow, the beautiful China Roses, and two of my all-time favorite Enya tracks, the enchanting Storms In Africa and The Longships.

The second disc entitled "Clouds" is perhaps my favorite of the three. It is devoted to instrumental (or semiinstrumental) tracks, highlights being title tracks Watermark, Shepherd Moons, The Memory Of Trees, and two of my favorites, lesserknown tracks Afer Ventus, Tea-House Moon and not least the B-side Morning Glory, which might well be my favorite Enya track ever.

The third disc entitled "Stars" features the more hymn-like and slower tracks. While these tracks are generally not my favorites, there are a number of excellent tracks here including Evening Falls, Evacuee, Marble Halls, and the touching Smaointe.

On an overall, the box offers excellent value for the money, even if there is room for a couple of more tracks on each disc. There are a couple of puzzling exclusions - curiously, single 'How Can I Keep From Singing' from Shepherd Moons is not featured on disc 3, just like the track Once You Had Gold from Memory Of Trees is excluded for some unknown reason. Personally I would also have liked to see a couple more tracks from The Celts included (like Fairytale, Bard Dance and Triad) but really, these are minor quips, and overall this collection offers an excellent overview of Enyas early career.
on 31 May 2011
I just noticed on here that some robbing bozo is after &158 for this box set which was less than &20 when it came out.At that price it was a bargain and must have hardly made costs back.
Amazon aren't selling this its their equivalent of EBAY
on 26 May 2000
I'm a hardcore Enya junkie, and this box set was one of the best things I ever bought -- I can still remember vividly the summer in February 2000 where I just listened to the CDs over and over and over again... true ecstasy.
I suppose if you are after info on whether or not to buy it then you're not a fan. No one can call themselves an Enya fan if they don't own this box set.
On an interesting side-note, it's excellent the way that the tracks are separated into her jaunty music, piano, and other. It's fantastic to put in just one and listen to it when that takes your mood. Oh -- the art of the encased booklet is so incredibly beautiful as to make you feel at ease without even listening to the music.
This is a great piece of work!
on 27 September 2012
I bought this box set for my partner for christmas ,as it was the only missing one they didnt have as it usually very expensive,
but i got it all brand new sealed from germany for a great price,
its a really nice box set well put together with a really nice thought out packing to it all the cds here you could want from enya with extras a must for any enya fan.
on 26 August 2014
Beautiful Enya
on 28 January 2012
This is obviously a five star set for anyone who is already a fan.
If, like me, you have hard the songs Enya has released over the years and thought them good enough to buy a set like this, don't bother. There is nothing in this set that's anything you haven't already heard in the released singles. It's just three CD's of all the deep sighing, breathless whispered singing and gibberish lyrics you could ever want in one place - and at an outrageous price. £125 (!!) new and £25 second hand says it all.
The one star is only because I still quite like the released singles.