Spec Ops: The Line is a provocative, cinematic third-person military shooter that challenges players’ own morality by putting them in the middle of unspeakable depravity where brutal life-or-death choices take them on a journey into the heart of darkness.
Spec Ops: The Line’s emotional narrative unfolds within the destroyed opulence of Dubai. Once a playground for the world’s wealthiest elite, now Dubai has been reclaimed by Mother Nature, buried underneath the most devastating sandstorm ever recorded. Spec Ops: The Line allows gamers to play as Captain Martin Walker, leader of an elite Delta Force team ordered to infiltrate the treacherous region and bring home U.S. Army Colonel John Konrad.
Heightening the narrative to a fever-pitch are ultra-realistic operations against enemies who are unafraid of death and hell bent on destruction. Players must use a variety of combat tactics, authentic military weaponry and the environment to survive. Spec Ops: The Line offers Dynamic Sand that can be used to thwart foes. A well placed shot can cause an avalanche of sand, but sand has no loyalty and can help or hinder the mission.
Spec Ops: The Line packs a full range of single and multiplayer features complete with competitive and team-based modes, as well as the ability to rank up and customize characters from two different factions. The juxtaposition of Dubai’s bold and luxurious architecture and dizzying heights against the devastation outside, as well as the deep storyline mixed with ferocious combat situations, make Spec Ops: The Line a must-play game.
- Deep, Mature Narrative: The story of Captain Walker’s rescue mission will challenge players to make tough choices between what’s moral and what’s necessary, as Walker’s journey pushes him to his very limits.
- Blasted Opulence: The events unfold in a stunning, haunting setting – the remains of Dubai, once one of the wealthiest cities on Earth, now stripped bare. Dubai’s bold and luxurious architecture still shines through, in spite of the sandstorms threatening all that’s left. Opulent interiors contrast sharply with the vertigo inducing heights and mass destruction outside of the extravagant structures.
- Dynamic Sand: Turn the tables on foes by crushing them under a cascade of sand cast down by a strategically placed shot – but beware of oncoming sandstorms and their gale-force winds. The sweeping sands of Dubai feel almost alive, serving as a powerful but unpredictable force that will both help and hinder the mission, while opening up a variety of new interactions and tactics.
- Brutal, In-Your-Face Action: Join forces with intelligent, resourceful squad mates in fever-pitched gun battles. Accessible combat and squad controls will get you in the fight quickly, where you’ll experience the raw destructive force of your authentic weapons as well as engage in extremely physical close-quarters battles.
- Endless Multiplayer: In addition to the single-player story mode, Spec Ops: The Line packs a full range of multiplayer features, including a never-before-seen mode with unique connections to the main story, a breadth of competitive and team-based modes, as well as the ability to rank up, personalize, and customize characters from two distinctly different factions.
Spec Ops: The Line FUBAR Edition Includes*:
- DOUBLE XP FOR 1 WEEK
- AK47 UNLOCKS AT RANK 1
- CLAN ACCESSORY PACK
- Exclusive skins/accessories for all classes
- Unique and visually distinctive items
- OFFICER CLASS UNLOCKS AT RANK 1
- Increases effectiveness of other classes
- Increase teams fire power
- Decrease in damage taken by teammates from enemies
- Trigger ammo drops and grenade drops for teammates
- Unique Officer class kit
Spec Ops The Line is a narrative driven, 3rd-person military shooter, set in a sandstorm ravaged, war-torn, present day Dubai.
It's been six months since Dubai was wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm. Thousands of lives have been lost, including those of American soldiers sent to help evacuate the city. Today, the city lies buried under sand - the world's most opulent ruin.
Now, a radio signal is broadcasting from Dubai. A Delta Force team is sent to infiltrate the city and find its source.
Their mission is simple: Locate survivors and radio for evacuation. What they find is a city in the grip of a violent struggle for control. In order to fulfil their mission, they'll have to find the man at the heart of this madness - the elusive Col. John Konrad.
- A billionaire's playground destroyed: Cataclysmic sandstorm stricken, devastated Dubai. What was once the rich's personal playground, is now the world's most opulent and extravagant shooting gallery and warzone.
- A military rescue mission: What starts as a straightforward mission, quickly goes ba