on 12 August 2005
A fabulous study of space and details. A great source of inspiration with fantastic photographs and clear analysis of projects and compact space solving ideas. A tribute to intelligent and beautiful design.
on 8 January 2009
I like alot of the ideas in this book, in fact I want to implement them into my own house. How could I not have thought of it before? A recommended read for those with too much stuff and not enough space.
on 8 February 2012
A really beautiful book, though some of the houses themselves are not so beautiful - a few really look like industrial facilities or the room above a garage.

I got it because we are thinking about downsizing to a much smaller house, and I thought that there would be examples from Japan that would inspire me. But not much in the book seemed relevant to me - I can't imagine giving up one of my three rooms for a tea ceremony chamber, for example.
on 5 January 2016