Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 29 June 2014
You may be unfortunate enough to know someone like Hero McCoy. Unbelievably selfish, he is the kind of person you would need to avoid if you wanted to keep your sanity. Safely confined within a novel, however, this extreme character is perfect for driving a twisted tale across the universe. Sure to polarize opinion, if you enjoy the humour you will find this hilarious. Just don't expect the characters to grow or "learn a lesson". At times the plot made little sense but I was too busy laughing to care. The matter transporter scene in particular is genius.
on 4 May 2014
I bought this book after reading all of the Frank Burly books by Simpsons writer John Swartzwelder, which to my mind are the funniest books ever written. In many ways, Hero McCoy is a sort of bad-natured Frank Burly, and the absurd humour is quite similar. Swartzwelder is, on the whole, a much better writer, but I can still find a lot in Space Heist to recommend it. In many places it made me laugh out loud.
on 16 April 2014
This story is about some sad jerk who treats people like dirt! Sorry but nothing funny about it. I couldn't read past chapter three, it was just too lame. Really what was the point of it? I like a story to grip me from the start & there needs to be something likeable about the "hero"!!! Ugh!