- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3843 KB
- Print Length: 533 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: American Writers Publishing Company; 2 edition (25 Jun. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00LAUK7FW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #184,038 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Space Chronicles: The Last Human War Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I am looking forward to the sequel .
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Humanity is on the verge of extinction, with what remains living under strict control of the Tanarac (an alien race—humans having been defeated in a galactic war, where humanity fell to an alliance after wiping out several minor races despite the collective resistance). So humans are seen as a scourge, a danger.
That leads to one thing I appreciated while reading: the worlds and alien societies Sault created aren’t cheap rip-offs or a mirror image of some other author’s, or movie’s, or television show’s universe.
The plot moves along at a good pace and I appreciated the space combat and tactics, both at the fleet and ship to ship level. While not every character had great depth, the ones that mattered, like Simon and Dr. Hadje, and General Tragge, did. Even with the aliens, I could see where they were coming from, despite the fact it wasn’t from a human perspective or based on a human culture.
Beyond that, the novel held my interest because although sometimes I guessed where things were going, other times I was surprised—yeah, it made sense, I just didn’t see it coming.
You don’t have to be a ‘hardcore’ SF fan to enjoy The Last Human War. Even so, if you enjoy SF by John Ringo or Harry Turtledove, or if you like Stargate SG1, Battlestar Galactica, or even Babylon 5, it might be up your literary alley.
I can't wait until the next installment because there will be one, I'm positive.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera