Wake up to the intoxicating aromas of exotic herbs as you saunter through the bustling street markets of Bolivia's biggest city, La Paz, or watch the white-sand beaches of Venezuela sparkle beneath the afternoon sun. Footprint's 88th edition of the South American Handbook is the perfect guidebook for the intrepid traveller wanting to explore length and breadth of this vast and fascinating continent. From dense rainforests to towering mountain ranges, gourmet coffee to tropical fruit, ancient ruins to lively city squares: Footprint's revised and updated guide to South America is the perfect guide to this rich and vibrant continent.
* Highlights the best wildlife experiences and festivals that the continent has to offer
* Includes information on how to get there and how to get around plus carefully planned itineraries to help you have the best possible experience whether you're travelling for a week or a month
* Features indispensable advice on travelling with children
* The heart of the guide is divided by country and region, giving comprehensive information on Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, the Guianas, and the Falkland Islands
* Each country and region has an overview map which includes 'Don't miss' destinations, local information on how to get around and detailed street maps where relevant
* Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
Footprint's legendary South American Handbook will help you see the real South America, taking you from vibrant carnivals to awe-inspiring deserts, enabling you to get closer than you ever imagined to the irresistible spirit of the world's greatest continent.