* Spring Records and its Event and Posse offshoots were big NYC soul labels from the late 60s to early 80s. Here we demonstrate their accomplished and varied soul sides.
* The compilation contains 24 high-quality soul tracks from artists including Philip Mitchell, Millie Jackson, Winfield Parker and Garland Green.
* The lesser-known artists like Act One, the Determinations, Ray Godfrey and Ronnie Walker provide some great individual soul sounds.
* There are 60s style dancers from Prince Harold, Vernon Brown, Richard Barbary and Leroy Randolph. The Joneses, Daltrey Martin and the Mayberry Movement provide exquisite 70s ballads and there are a handful of up-tempo pre-disco tracks from that era too.
* Very few of these songs have ever been out on CD before (a few came out on the long-deleted "Safe Soul" series) and some have not been released since their first pressing.
(2006/ACE) 24 tracks, recorded 1967-1979 for Spring, Event and PosseMedium 1
- Goodbye Love (We're Through) - ACT ONE
- You And I Go Good Together - GREEN, Garland
- I'm A Lover - BROWN, Vernon
- When Johnny Comes Marching Come - BARBARY, Richard
- One Step At A Time - DETERMINATIONS
- Once You Fall In Love - McLOYD, Eddie
- It's So Good To Know - MOVEMENT, Mayberry
- Just Can't Say Hello (Once You've Said...) - WALKER, Ronnie
- You Can't Turn Me Off (In The Middle..) - JACKSON, Millie
- Turn Yourself Around - BATHE, Clare
- It Takes Both Of Us - ACT ONE
- In My Baby's Arm - SIMON, Joe
- Sherry Washington - GODFREY, Ray
- Good To The Last Drop - RANDOLPH, Leroy
- Don't Turn Me On - SHOPPE, Flower
- I'll See You In Hell First - MITCHELL, Phillip
- Stay With Me - MARTIN, Daltry
- Baby (There's Nothing You Can Do) - JONESES
- Walk All Over God's Heaven - VERDRELL, Jackie
- Dry Bones In The Valley - INTERNATIONALS
- Mr Everything - HARRIS, Little Eva
- You Make Me Fell Good - EQUATIONS
- Ain't It Amazing - HAROLD, Prince
- I'm On My Way - PARKER, Winfield