on 28 November 2011
Soul Power is a treasure waiting to be found! It is a treasure that may transform you, and certainly won't leave even the most skeptical reader unmoved. In 59 pages this little gem of a book takes you on a remarkable journey, and leads you to a place of hope and concrete action. It vividly shows, with uplifting, searing graphics, where we stand today in our evolutionary journey on earth and in our vast, and still-unexplored universe. It explains pithily and powerfully why this moment is so unique, and so ripe with potential - for breakthrough or disaster. The simple, gripping narrative is studded with excerpts and quotes from diverse inspiring individuals, to underline the exact nature of our human condition.
The book makes a lasting impression on each of us as readers that despite the unpredictability of our universe, we are neither alone nor helpless. Helping us to translate our newfound commitment to action, the book ends with concrete suggestions of what each of us can do at our own level, whether locally, regionally or globally, as each single action is part of the universal web of interconnection. It offers us ways in which we could "live life as an opportunity to transform the nectar of experiences into the honey that can heal the world".
The wisdom and experience of the two seasoned co-authors, Anne Baring, a widely published Jungian analyst, and Scilla Elworthy, an award-winning peace activist, shine quietly through the pages, as politics and psychology, ecology and spirituality meld together into a comprehensible, compelling whole.
It is a book to savour, to keep close at hand, and to re-read again and again for inspiration and motivation. Soul Power is a delightful and meaningful gift (for birthdays, Christmas and festivals) that I have often offered since I discovered it, and shall keep offering without hesitation, as it is a gift that lasts and grows.
Soul Power: The Transformation When You Know
on 7 December 2011
I love how well this book distills our era's challenges to their essence and communicates them vividly. The book is a passionate cry to humanity to wake up on time to a larger spiritual vision. The authors hope that such a change will help save the Earth from ecological catastrophe and humanity from its own blindly destructive will to power. It is brief, easy to read, and enriched by evocative images and insightful quotations. Equally important, it gives practical steps we can take, as individuals and as a civilization, to participate in the great change that needs to happen. It is not written for specialists or academics, but for every thoughtful person who senses the true urgency of our crisis and wants to understand it better. I hope it gets a very wide readership - if it does, we'll all benefit.
on 7 December 2011
The images in this book have stayed with me and when I recall the images the words that accompany them come too, so this book has been a great tool for anchoring some important concepts in my mind - day to day in difficult situations, the images have helped me to centre and remind myself of what I believe is important and how I intend to behave.

I like the way the book progresses from the problem, to the thinking structures underlying the problem, to the shift in consciousness and action that can solve the problem. Something that is particularly strong about this book is that the authors build others' quotes into their own work, which gives a sense of this message emerging from many different people and places at once - that this is, in fact, a shared consciousness and an individual who has been waking up to this message is not alone.

Soul Power reminds me of my part in the collective shift - that I need other people and other people need me. I think this is an important resource for building consciousness, building relationships and building community.
SOUL POWER is moving, inspiring and easy to follow. I was pleased by the balance between the heavy and the light, the hard-to-bear and the optimistic. The complexities we've created in our lives and on the planet seem to be reversible through some pretty simple principles, although reversing the damage will not be quick or easy.

I genuinely appreciated the poignant images and quotations as well. My favorite line in the whole book (as I thought it would be when I first read it on page 8 of 59): "After fourteen billion years of evolution, we become responsible for more than just our patch." Of course I knew I'd see and read many things in the upcoming pages that would be important and powerful, but being partial to responsibility, accountability and respect, I felt early on that I might well like that line the best of all, and I was right. It's time to step up and do what can be done, and SOUL POWER shows us how to do that with dignity.
on 18 June 2014
I bought this at a workshop with Scilla Elworthy at the weekend, and am so moved by both the workshop and the book. This really is what I have been moving towards all my life - a coherent, hopeful map towards a world that works for everybody. I'm not saying that implementing the vision is going to be easy, but having a map is a huge step forward! I totally agree that rebalancing the balance of yin / yang in the world, and within ourselves, is what's necessary to make radical change, but I have never seen this understanding laid out so clearly before.

Recommended as a gift for anyone struggling with the ecological / spiritual crisis. Concise, accessible, very deep, and genuinely inspiring!
on 5 March 2012
We have had this book with its gorgeous cover on our coffee table for several months and so many people pick it up and are mesmerised. Reading it from start to finish takes the reader on an inspiring journey with its treasure house of splendid photographs, paintings and images and punctuated by pregnant quotes and powerful statements. So it is both a book to read and then to pick up and dip into. An inspiring call to wake up, NOW.
on 12 May 2016
I have little to add to the comprehensive reviews of the other readers. Translate into oher languages and distribute to schools and universities.
I read Dream of the Cosmos when it was first published and Soul Power is a book light enough to carry around, conversations can be opened through curiosity.