Colour: Red|Size: Size 8 UK|Change

on 16 December 2013
These insoles are a joke.

I have used the sorbothane double strike in various pairs of boots for some years now and found them to be uniformly excellent. The only fault I can ever find with them is that they can take awhile to dry out and after a couple of months hard wear smell pretty bad! They get some pretty hard use running, walking and carrying heavy weight so I've put them to some serious test.

I thought i'd 'upgrade' to these all-singing new insoles and how disappointed can you be. After wearing them for a couple of weeks I found I was getting severe foot pain and bruising. On inspection both insoles had shattered (the hard plastic base of them) into 2-3 pieces. These were providing no support to my feet and were in fact the cause of my pain.

Would avoid these at all costs if you are using them in boots - stick with the double strikes.
on 10 November 2014
Bought my first pair back in January 2013, just purchased my second (Oct 2014) pair after wearing a hole through both insoles (big toe area) of the last pair. I use these for (league) Badminton and they do a great job of cushoning my knees and ankles from the impact of all the jumping and lunging.

I've been suffering with a knee problem and plantar fascitis in both feet, these insoles in combination with regular stretching and new shoes have eliminated the problem. Two other people in my club have started using these insoles and have noticed an improvement, although they are using the cheaper double strike model, so maybe save some money and go with them?

Only thing to note, I buy size 7 and they fit snuggly in my size 8 shoes (dunlop mens ultimate tour), I'm not sure a size 8 would fit.

One final suggestion, remove the insoles from the shoes after exercise, the extra airflow allows the insoles to dry quicker, should make them last longer (and smell less :P )
on 30 April 2014
I bought these insoles as arch supports since I had found cheaper products such as silicone gel arch supports and leather arch supports very uncomfortable to use. The Sorbothane insoles are easy to fit - you just trim them for the particular shoes, eg, I take size 10.5 so bought size 11-12 and trimmed them to fit with a pair of scissors. It helps if the shoes to which they are being fitted have removable insoles. I recommend this product. The insoles are comfortable to wear and provide good arch support.
on 29 May 2015
This is my second pair of Sorbothane insoles, originally recommended by my physiotherapist & GP. As I have arthritic related foot problems I require specialist insoles as well as orthotics and these insoles are of the highest quality, extremely comfortable and give the requisite amount of support. Don't be beguiled by cheaper insoles - you'll be wasting your money just as I have over the years.
on 5 February 2010
Bought these for a family member who is in the Army. He used them whilst on exercise and reckons they make a big difference and are rugged enough to withstand all that the British Army can throw at them.
on 5 January 2014
Bought these to replace fading insoles in a pair of boots and another pair of trainers, and so I could swap the insoles between pairs. What a mistake.

The instep on these is HUGE and caused pain when simply putting my feet on the insoles when placed on the ground let alone in the shoe. The black plastic cannot be trimmed and seems very wide and fit in the boots but not trainers.

Would have done far more damage than good, ended up throwing away in the end.
on 29 March 2015
I've bought lots of pairs of the 'Strike' Sorbothane insoles but this is the first 'Total Control' pair I've bought. I find them comfy and they fit in my trainers well (after trimming). My only complaint is that they make a squeaking sound when I walk (the other types don't). It doesn't detract from their purpose but it is slightly annoying. These insoles certainly help prevent my plantar fasciitis so I will continue to buy them (but perhaps not the 'Total Control').
on 19 August 2010
as a novice runner who had just recently signed up to the Great North Run, i was experiencing pain in my knees from frequent running on hard surfaces. Read the reviews for these insoles and thought i would give these a go, nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that! and i must say i'm glad i did because as soon as I started using these ALL my knee pain vanished instantly. so if you are considering buying a pair do not hesitate they are well worth it!
on 28 February 2015
I first bought these in 1992 when in the Army and suffering from stress fractures. The PTI recommended them- everyone with an injury used them in my unit. They really did help towards my recovery. Now I no longer have any injuries but I found them so comfy I routinely buy them for all my work footwear as they make every pair of boots feel like trainers. They last years too.
on 5 April 2012
I was sceptical about the claims being made as other insoles I had purchased had disappointed and not provided sufficient cushioning to prevent sore feet after playing punishing games of badminton. Since wearing these, sore feet have become a thing of the past. Should they eventually wear out I would replace with the same.