on 24 September 2011
The Sophie series are one of our favourite audio stories, and as enjoyable for listening to for adults! Bernard Cribbins is a fantastic reader. The stories are original, and down to earth, and feature Sophie, a little girl who is 'herself' and nothing else, and quite happy with who she is: small, stocky, with hair like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards. But also very bright, outspoken, and "very, very determined". She is a great character for teaching children that we can be who we are, different from others, but still happy. My kids are 4 and 5 and listen to this story over and over again. My 5 year old learns from the story, both vocabulary and comprehension. I cannot praise the Sophie series enough. We also have Sophie Hits Six, equally as good, if not better, and about to buy the nexti n the series...I can't wait!
on 26 May 2014
We've been trying to get this Sophie audio book for a long time. Read, as the others in the series are by Bernard Cribbins. It's perfect! Adored by my son.
on 23 February 2011
My friend's daughter wanted this for some time,so was over the moon when I sent it for her birthday as she lives overseas.