- It's more solid than I thought it would be. I expected a rubbery, elastic cover like ones you get for iPhones (which I'm not keen on) but this one feels more like flexible plastic. Seems sturdy.
- Most of the key areas are left open. USB port, camera, speakers, headphone jack and the Sony Ericsson logo (which is a nice touch, and I wish all covers would do this) are all accessible.
- Doesn't add as much bulk as I thought it would. Sides are thicker but the back feels great.
- It looks NOTHING like the picture of the one I ordered. The product image of the case (from the seller ClickJunkie, not Terrapin whose image is a little more accurate) was a solid shiny turquoise colour and it looked really nice. The cover is actually more see-through with a tint of blue and the black of the phone makes it look quite washed out and drab. It's not very attractive.
- As others have said, the buttons are covered and it does require a bit of effort to push them. They have made an effort to make them usable by using what seems like a slightly thinner material and it works but not well. However, I've had other cases where the buttons were exposed but surrounded by plastic so you could barely press them, so at least the buttons are still functional with this case.
One of the main reasons I wanted a cover was because I was bored of black. I had hoped to like this product since I'm not very keen on gel covers, but Terrapin makes great products and if it had been a little better I definitely would have bought more in different colours. The materials feel fine and for the most part is is well designed but the transparency makes it look washed out and the issue with the buttons would make me think twice (though not rule out another purchase mind you).