I'm very impressed with the mobile for the price, it's got a really nice design and is a huge improvement over Sony's previous budget mobile, the Sony XPERIA Tipo Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black.

Really quick to use, a great screen, a nice sized handset, and it won't break the bank.

This is a brilliant handset.
77 comments|587 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2013
I am so happy with this phone. Its the easiest phone to understand.Looks lovely and the sound quality when making calls is fantastic. The camera I was worried about but its really good and again so easy to master. The price for this phone is terrific and the start up user guide is such a well thought out feature.
22 comments|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2014
The phone was brand new in its original box and packaging at an excellent price compared with other internet outlets for the same product.

I was kept informed of progress throughout the dispatch and postal process until the phone was delivered.

The phone was delivered at the earliest possible delivery date which was great as it was a birthday present for my son.

I am more than happy to recommend Phones2Post to anybody wishing to buy this type of product through Amazon.
on 31 May 2014
Good phone at reasonable price. Too much bloatware that can not be un installed or moved to SD card to free up memory.
Phone manufacturers need to learn that advertised memory needs to be memory available for the consumer to use.
Google need to make all aps move able to SD card, then I wont be restricted on the number of apps I can install.
on 28 April 2014
I have this phone it's great it's easy to use it's got u can get lots of apps from Google play and u can also go on the internet on this WiFi is on here and there's Bluetooth and you can store lots of photos and music and the phone is nice and load when your talking on phone and it load when your playing music it's a great phone
on 25 May 2014
I wanted a replacement for my ageing Samsung mobile - not a smartphone, just a basic mobile with touchscreen.
Sony Xperia E is a good purchase as long as you aren't looking for a phone to wack a lot of apps onto !. - if you do I guess it would slow down as it's not a high end core processor.
Had this a while now, running as quick as when I bought it, I get about 5 days out of the battery - fairly low usage, a few calls and texts a day.
When first received I turned off the auto rotation; Wi-Fi and 3g, these are the main things that eat battery and didn't need to be on 24/7. I also went into the developer options and took the animation scales down to .5 and ticked the Don't Keep Activites - which basically prevents a load of background processes building up.
All in All very happy with this choice... does what I need, looks smart and performs well for what I require.
Hope this helps.
on 1 June 2014
no lag, good battery life, good range of apps, good sound system and music playback time. However, if you download a ridiculous amount of apps then there will be some lag and it will become a bit jittery. But for those buying as a good priced entry level smart phone, you cant go wrong!
on 27 April 2014
Although this phone could be obtained more cheaply if linked to a service provider, the sim-free facility does give you the freedom to change provider here or abroad to get the most effective tariffs available. The phone itself is full of great features that would have only been available on high end phones only a year ago. Good battery life, attractive appearance and tactile handling makes this a a pleasant mobile to own, if not quite iphone quality.
on 7 August 2013
I'm giving it 5 stars because the fault I had on mine was fixed by an exchange.
I don't even think it was a fault,but there was something that stopped the
contacts working but it was probably me not knowing how to fix it.
FOR THE MONEY this phone is quite a brilliant piece of kit.
Unlike some android phones I have wrestled with to set up, this one is so simple
I just breezed through it.
I like Sony stuff anyway, but this phone is very fast,the menus are easy to
understand, the way it works is easy as opening a can of beans without getting
a can of worms instead.
Just buy one - it is a lovely looking phone and in my view a better prospect than an I-PHONE
and at £108 it's a steal. I have a Tesco contract - Dont laugh! Tesco has some amazing phone deals!
on 2 December 2014
I wanted a simple phone that was not full of bells and whistles but this... well, its not it.
I took it out of the box, downloaded the management software so I could transfer my contracts etc and before I had completed that, It was complaining it was out of memory....
First, how can a new phone be out of memory out of the box?
Secondly, according to the machine itself, hardly any of the 2GB of memory is used... let alone the 16GB mSD card I added....

Well, it seems that the phone uses internal 'phone' memory for apps - and that about 640MB (reminded me of the PCs circa 1990s) and no end of tweaking can get it to stick stuff on the copious free internal memory... confused? I was.

Plan B: Remove stuff I was not gonna use. I mean, a busy mum does not have time to play games on her phone so that could go, right?
Wrong... as a factory default app, this phone is filled with stuff I was never gonna use and there is no way to get rid of it.

So bottom line, the phone is fine as a phone if you want exactly - no more, no less - than what it comes with.
If you want to change it in any way.... forget it.
OS updates, patches etc have no effect. A lot of the official Sony stuff simply does not work and often crashes the phone.

Not the best phone I have ever bought and after Christmas, I'll be on the hunt for a new one; one that actually does what I want.