Colour Name: Blue|Change
Price:£4.66 - £14.99

on 17 February 2014
I can see others have had the same problem, the left side has gone completely silent after only a matter of weeks. Poor for the price and very disappointing from Sony.
VINE VOICEon 12 June 2011
I originally got these headphones just for the spare earbuds; I'm quite happy with either the medium sized ones or the large ones, and found that the original replacements cost about the same as these headphones did; so decided it would be better to have an extra set with spare earbuds that I could use.

I used a two way headphone splitter, and plugged in my more expensive Sony MDR-EX500LP with Multi Layer Diaphragm (for High Resolution Sound) headphones, to get a side by side comparison. To my surprise (and a little bit of horror), these headphones sounded fairly similar. It even has a little raised dot to help you identify the right from left buds without having to look at them (ideal in the dark or in a hurry).

The major differences between this set and a more expensive pair, is the little extras; this only comes with a standard 1.2m cord and three ear buds (Small, Medium and Large). The more expensive sets may include a 0.5m main set with a 1m extension cord to allow you to choose the length you need, or headphone pouches, stuff like that. Also, the cord is pretty ugly... it's the "old" style of two cords moulded together, rather than the single cable.

If you can live with the basic looks and lack of little extras, these are a seriously good investment for the quality you're getting. They really do sound almost as good as headphones that I have that are five times the price. If you want something a little more aesthetically pleasing, you'd be well within your right to pay a little bit extra.
on 23 March 2013
By selecting the appropriate ear bud size (I used the largest ones supplied) the sound from these phones is awesome considering the price. Others complain of 'tinny' sound and no bass? try different ear bud size. I use rubber cap in-ear phones for running and even during long runs these phones only loosened a few times. To solve this they really need that cord clip ( despite description, cord clip is not supplied).

However, after two weeks use they've packed up. Despite taking care of them whilst not in use, the plastic caps on the ear piece now look chewed and on closer inspection, the cables are so thin compared to Sony's other models, it's little wonder the phones have failed.

Conclusion, great sounding but easily broken - the worst build quality earphones I've seen. I can expect 6-8 months use from other Sony or Sennheiser similar looking in-ear phones (double the price though) but only a few weeks use from Sony's EX10 is bad.
on 29 December 2012
For the price, they are great quality, do the job perfectly and to a good standard for the price they are sold at. Excellent for casual, daily use.
on 7 February 2014
I have previously given these headphones five star rating due to sound and build quality, however both pairs that I bought six weeks ago have gone silent in the right ear - the first after one week and the other today - indicating some kind of weakness in this particular batch. Regretfully I will be returning these and hoping the replacements are up the usual sturdy build.
on 12 July 2013
There is no volume control as stated in the description but they are so cheap its not worth sending them back.
on 9 February 2014
Gutted as I bought a Sony product so thought it would come good. Unfortunately one ear piece stopped working soon after purchase.
on 2 October 2013
Well I got these earphones in July 2013 and all was well.

The earphones perform well when not in windy conditions. If you want to go jogging don't buy these earphones as the wind noise is unbearable. I use them at my desk at work and around the home and they were fantastic they block out a lot of low level noise and provide good quality sound.

However now it is September 2013 and the left earpiece is now broken.

Having been a self confessed Sony fanboy for many years this is the second set of Sony earphones which have broken on me even though I believe I have been a careful owner.

Time to try a new brand.

Please give these a miss.
on 3 April 2014
Bought these to replace identical pair bought from the high street. The old ones lasted over a year so thought I would replace them with the same. Although they arrived quickly I noticed immediately that the wires are noticeably thinner than my previous pair. Within a few weeks one of the earphones stopped working despite the fact that they had experienced a considerably easier life than my last pair. I have since bought another pair from the High street and these ones are stronger, with a thicker cable. They are like two different products with the same name. I would not recommend these. They are cheap but far from cheerful .
on 5 May 2014
As indicated in the title, I only give these 3 star just because they are so cheap, otherwise I would give less.
Starting with the build quality, the headphone look and feel pretty basic. They are very light, which is a pro, but their flimsy construction result in microphonics problems. The moving of the cable as you walk will make the earbuds to click and pop alot, which can be really annoying and distracting. I cannot therefore recommend these for jogging or any kind of phisical exercise; one should get much better results if using the headphones while seatted, studying or working.
In terms of audio quality, the device is far from being brilliant. We are talking about a sub 10£ pair of headphones so nothing surprising there. However, and even for its price, the sound quality is not up for the job. Although it is not great, it is not terrible either. The major problem, at least for me, is the lack of clarity. The sound looks as if it is presented behind a thin curtain. The precision is, as result, lacking, the bass is present but somehow muddy and uncontrolled and the highs don't have enough sparkle. The imaging and instrument separation are actually quite nice and the overall presentation is more spacious than in other devices from the same cathegory. Don't get me wrong though, don't expect a full orchestra room, just a small box resonance, which is more than the typical nutshell sound so oftenly found in cheap earbuds such as these.
The overall result is a not so 'in your face' kind of sound but a more laid back one, as if you were watching the show, not on the front seat but a few rows back.
Confort wise the fit is good, not perfect but pleasant. That combined with the low weight of the headphone will give you a nice experience in terms os comfort.
Summing up, a cheap headphone that will give you music but not even a glimps of analytical or emotive audio pleasure.
You will almost certainly find better elsewhere.