There are plenty of PS1 & PS2 remakes coming out on the PS3, e.g. Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Resident Evil, Silent Hill. Tekken Tag Tournament is another in the long list of remakes, and it's been a long time coming as well. I absolutely loved TTT when it first came out, played it to death.
So, what's the deal here for this 'hybrid' package. In a nutshell, you get:
* Tekken Tag Tournament HD, a remake of the original
* Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue, a playable demo of the forthcoming title (inclusive of trophies!)
* Tekken movie (anime)
If you already love Tekken (and particularly loved TTT), then it's a no-brainer - just buy the game already! But if you're not sure, then I'd recommend it if you want to see what all the fuss was about when TTT first came out.
The main features of TTT that set it apart at the time:
* You can tag, which can be used tactically of course
* There's a great selection of fighters
* Tekken Bowl is a great mini-game when you feel like getting away from fighting
* It was the first game where you could counter a counter-attack, so far as I know
Of course, this game is now more than 10 years old - there are far slicker and smoother-looking games. But TTT is great for those of you who grew up with the game, and still have friends who want to play it. There is no online, so you'd better have friends around if you don't want to play by yourself. The story mode is just a series of fights where you have to defeat Unknown (a character, that's her name!) at the very end, quite typical of all fighting games.
Overall, I wouldn't rate this game more than 3 stars because it's obviously nothing new, apart from the TTT2 Prologue demo which gets boring after just 10 minutes. The movie is a nice touch, but the storyline doesn't belong in the Tekken universe. If you pay anything up to about £20, it's money well spent - if you pay more, you'd better be a Tekken fan already!