The 3D Display Specifically Designed for Gamers
The PlayStation 3D display is essential equipment for players who are in search of serious 3D gaming experiences. The display is slim with a screen size of 24", and features full 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080). Its built-in Edge LED technology offers brilliant contrast, while a 240 Hz refresh rate ensures ultra-smooth play. It also has built-in speakers and a subwoofer to enhance the audio.
In addition, it can be connected to cable TV boxes, a PC or any other compatible device via the display's two HDMI ports or its single component HD port. Both of these input types are conveniently located at the side of the display.
The pair of PlayStation 3D glasses included with the display offer best-in-class Active shutter 3D quality and built-in USB rechargeable batteries. PlayStation 3D glasses are optimized to sync seamlessly with the PlayStation 3D display, but their universal design makes them compatible with a variety of Active Shutter 3D displays.* Active Shutter 3D technology offers superior image quality over competing Passive 3D technologies by means of the differing processes they execute. Both technologies create the illusion of depth by slightly altering what users' eyes are exposed to. Passive 3D glasses block different kinds of emitted light from reaching each eye. The result is a 3D effect, but one in which certain light data has been omitted. In some cases this can equate to up to half of the available lines of resolution, meaning that this type of 3D effect can not reach the level of true 1080p HD. Active 3D on the other hand does not omit light sources from the spectrum, instead producing its 3D effect through a subtle dimming process of the individual lenses. PlayStation 3D glasses manage this effect seamlessly through their infrared connectivity. The result is a superior 3D effect, at full HD quality. Infrared connections between glasses and other components, as well as other 3D processes are kept constant through the glasses 30-hour rechargeable battery life.
SimulView Technology Improves the 2-player Gaming Experience
Fans of co-op and competitive gaming modes are intimately familiar with local split-screen multiplayer functionality, which literally splits the visible display area of a single TV used in offline play to show the differing actions of individual players participating in the same game, at the same physical location. As advantageous as this is for group play, the quality of even the sharpest of HD television displays is compromised by the halving of the viewable area. SimulView Technology does away with this issue by enabling two players in a supported game to see their actions in-game displayed as full-screen projections** (the full requirement for the effect are: a PlayStation 3D Display, 2 pairs of PlayStation 3D Glasses, a PS3 system, a PS3 game that supports SimulView, and two players). Built on the Active 3D glasses technology and specially enhanced for gaming, SimulView technology brings players deeper in the game than ever before while still sharing the experience with a friend. Games supporting SimulView technology include MotorStorm Apocalypse, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5, Super Stardust HD, with more titles in development and coming soon.
- Best-in-class HD 3D display for the most immersive 3D gaming experience
- SimulView technology delivers individual full HD screen visuals to each player in two-player mode
- Connects to your PS3 system, cable TV box, and PC for all of your HD 3D content
- Slim design brings true 3D gaming to smaller entertainment spaces
- Built-in speakers and subwoofer enhance the audio and take you deeper in the game
- Classic PlayStation inspired display design for the ultimate gaming enthusiast
* Compatible with Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, and Sharp Active Shutter 3D ready displays that use IR emitters.
- Display type: Stereoscopic 3D HDTV
- Screen size: 24"
- Resolution: 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Colors: 16.7 million
- Contrast ratio: 5000:1
- Backlight type: Edge LED, white LED
- Digital inputs (side): 2 HDMI, 1 component
- Refresh rate: 240 Hz
- Sound output: speakers (3W x 2), subwoofer (1 x 5w), 3.5 mm headphone jack (1)
- Remote support: IR remote control with BD remote control (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 29.75"(w) x 17.06"(h) x 4.50"(d)
- 3D glasses
- Type: Active Shutter 3D
- Rechargeable battery life: 30 hr.
- Dimensions: 3" (w) x 7-1/8" (h) x 2" (d)
** Playback in full (2D) HD, not 3D.
Product Dimensions (inc stand): 650mm(w) x 387mm(h) x screen 33mm(d) stand 280mm(d)
Screen Size: 23.5 Inches
Packaging Dimensions: 744mm(w)× 419mm(h)×109mm(d)
Packaging Type: Box with plastic handle (for all territories)
- All PS3s sold to date have capability of showing stereoscopic 3D contents.
- There are currently over 30 PS3 titles which support 3D, plus more will become available around the launch of this monitor, including new releases like Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception.
Monitor Key Configurations:
- 23.5" Full HD resolution
- 240Hz Active Shutter
- Best in class 3D quality
- HDMI x 2 input
- Component input for PS2 & PSP
- 2 pairs of Active Shutter glasses included
- SimulView feature
3D Glasses Key Configurations:
- Rechargeable battery operation
- No 3D crosstalk increase by tilting head
- About 45g light weight design
- SimulView function for expanding gaming experience
- Will only work with PS3 Monitor
- Unique to this monitor and PS3, Simulview allows 2 players to privately view their own game play on full screen using split screen model.
- Note: When using SimulView content is viewed in 2D