on 29 October 2010
Nice little player IMO. Lightweight so excellent for jogging/gym etc. Sound quality is very good, especially if you get some good quality earbuds, surprisingly for the price, this little mp3 will make the most of them.

If I had any grips its that the screen is a bit to narrow to display tracknames, and takes a long time to scroll across them. Also, as far as I know won't work with itunes but hey what can you expect. Max volume is a little quiet too, for my liking.

All in all a good value for money little player, for personal listening at home and when exercising!
on 20 March 2011
This Sony MP3 player offers great sound and having used it for a week have yet to re-charge it all good so far,menu system takes a bit of getting used too best to delete songs already installed when purchased and put your own MP3 files into folders.Only downside the picture Amazon had displayed had a Sony MP3 with an "FM" Icon which led me to believe it may have had an FM radio but this was not the case - but still pleased with my purchase.
on 8 November 2010
I bought this for my daughter who has just turned 5.
It's really easy to sync, and charge.
The 'twist' function on the front dial to move up and down the menus is very fiddly to use and to be honest quite annoying.
My son has a previous version the NWZ-B135L 2GB which is much easier to use.
We haven't got used to the Zapper function yet, and couldn't work out how to turn it off to start with! I'm sure it'll be useful once we get the hang of it.
Otherwise, a good basic MP3 player, though the menu system is fiddly.
on 23 August 2010
My player was faulty as the headphone socket was loose. Construction seemed rather lightweight and flimsy compared to my NW-A608. Sound - as far as I could make out- was up to Sony's usual high standards and it seemed easy to use. I also don't like the USB cover which is quite cheap and easy to misplace.
on 31 December 2010
After owning a Japan bought Sony Mp3 player for a number of years I was expecting the new version to be just as good with a few refinements. This appears to be true but for one flaw that renders the device annoying at best and completely unusable at worst. The maximum volume seems to have been capped at a ridiculously low setting. When using the device in my car, I have to have the volume set at max on the Mp3 and my car stereo in order to hear what is being played. If I travel at faster than 30 mph then listening becomes a chore.

I am really upset that this has happened. Whether it is an EU directive or a decision that has been made by Sony, its a very bad one. It makes a good little device maddeningly useless.
on 25 May 2011
Some other reviews say that the product has a limited volume range. This almost put me off buying the product. I had the previous two models of this over the past 5 or so years, and they all have the same volume range as this current one. Plenty loud enough for myself on windy bike rides and the London underground also, so no worries about that. Screen in small etc, but at this price, if all you want is a sturdy, cheap, compact, reliable, quality, mp3 player then this is the one. My last one must have lasted about 4 years so this one should do too.

THE BEST BIT: its basically just a USB memory stick. So I use it for storing and transferring all types of data, and the record function is great for recording lectures. An ideal tool for students on a budget.
on 5 May 2011
Sony is a very good name, and the device is very well presented - I like the design.
The equaliser is great - not all mp3 players have an equaliser.

However, the device plays at a very low volume, and this cannot be circumvented.
Even though all of my tracks are capable of higher output, the player has a volume limiter imposed, which is thoroughly annoying.

2GB is OK, but I am going to look for a device with more capacity, and perhaps an expandable data storage system, as I quickly used up the 2GB.

It is a pity that Sony have done this to their MP3 player, as it could be very good.

I am sending my device back to Amazon.
on 29 June 2011
Its quite good although it has no clip so it can be a little difficult when at the gym. Also the volume is quite low but otherwise for the money its ok. It does charge very quickly and its easy to sync music.
on 1 August 2012
After the buttons of my much beloved Samsung YP -T5 Player started to malfunction after six years without any problems, I decided that I should get a replacement and bought this Sony Walkman, as I had heard great things about the quality of Sony products and it looked sleek and compact. After about nine months, I have come to have very mixed feelings about it.

The Good:

It is very user-friendly, even for someone who has no technology "savvy" at all, and it is incredibly easy to sync music files

It has a compact and light design and is convenient to hold in your hand while you are jogging, walking, etc.

The storage capacity and battery life are decent

The shuffle is easy to manipulate

It charges quickly on a computer or laptop

The Bad:

It has a bad habit of crashing (it started freezing from the first month I bought it), something that never happened to my old Samsung, and the only way you can fix it is to reset it with a needle or a pin...which is not exactly ideal if you are in the middle of a run.

You charge this by inserting it into a computer USB port. My MP3 seems to be extremely temperamental about charging...sometimes it will smoothly charge on my laptop, and sometimes it won't charge at all.

The volume is too low, you have to turn it up really high in order to just make out the music when you're on the street. This is poor compared to my beloved Samsung (and even the portable CD and cassette players that I owned before this Sony Walkman), and not very good for the ears.

Summary:

All in all, I have had some good use from it, but if I could to go back in time, I would definitely not buy this again, as I don't think the quality is very good and it started to show problems from Month One. I'm a little disappointed really, as I expected something more from a Sony product, especially one that sold at the price of £29.99.
on 21 February 2012
This product is worth the money, it uploads the music files quickly and the sound is good, it has a bass button which improves the sound. It does not hold more than 500 songs but that is good enough for me and I can always delete the songs and then put new ones on. It is light and looks nice and for an MP3 Player it is a good price too.

See one answered question