Other Sellers on Amazon
Sony LiveView Touch Generation 2 SmartWatch Android Smartphone Accessory
|Price:||£69.80 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£30.19 (30%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Ultra-responsive touch display
- Caller identification
- Bluetooth Technology
- Track information displayed while playing music
- Convenient clip
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This Android watch keeps you discreetly updated & your hands free
Check out Facebook posts, catch up on tweets, texts and email, see who's calling or escape with some tunes. Discover SmartWatch, an Android watch with a scratch & splash-proof multi-touch display. Clip it on. Wear it with any 20mm wristband. Enjoy your favourite SmartWatch apps. It's up to you.
See who's calling
Caller ID is shown on the Bluetooth accessory display when an incoming call is received.
Your world at your fingertip
SmartWatch features an easy-to-use, ultra-responsive touch display. Finding your way around SmartWatch couldn't be easier. Your world's just a tap, swipe or press away.
You choose - Android Market
Want to do more with your SmartWatch? Download compatible applications on Android Market. And customise your SmartWatch to make it exclusively yours.
Make it yours Customise your SmartWatch with any 20mm wristband or wear its stylish, soft-rubber wristband. You can even use it as a clip. This ultra-sleek, ultra-slim Android remote was designed to impress.
Clip LiveView onto your shirt, belt, jacket or notepad. Anywhere you want. It's up to you.
The Bluetooth experience
Bluetooth wireless technology frees more than your hands - it lets your devices talk to each other without tangles, across ranges of up to 10 metres.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. It requires a constant bluetooth connection to an Android phone to do anything - it won't even display the time if you have not connected it at least once after powering it on.
2. The device itself is essentially an extra, remote screen for your Android device - although it may appear that way, the various SmartWatch apps available on Google Play do NOT run on the device itself, instead they run on the phone and their output is sent to the watch. This means that any apps you have downloaded for the watch will be constantly running in the background on your phone. So, if you have an older Android device with not a lot of memory, this could be a big problem and cause your phone to slow up considerably. I have an Xperia Arc which has 512 MB RAM, and I would say that is about the minimum spec of phone you should try using with this watch. I need to turn off my bluetooth connection (which automatically shuts down the SmartWatch apps) when using memory intensive apps/games on my phone or performance will be affected.
3. The bluetooth connection requires 2 apps to be installed on your phone, LiveWare Manager and the SmartWatch app. The bluetooth connection is however still not perfect, and drops out from time to time. This is improving with new LiveWare releases, and I understand it's MUCH more reliable than the old LiveView connection, but it's still not perfect.
4. The music player widget will not show the album art and track name (as shown in the pictures here) unless you have a Sony phone and are using the stock Sony music app. The controls still work for other players (like PowerAmp).
5.Read more ›
However, for a Sony product this is shocking in one major way: whoever decided to produce a charging system of this nature needs considerable therapy. It is appalling. The pressure of the sprung back is in no way sufficient to maintain a charging connection. What's wrong with the usual charging hole that you push a lead into ?!
Over the months of fighting with paperweights and other ridiculous contraptions, I have perfected my own technique that I now share in the hope it will prove useful for future/present owners of this device. All you have to do is remove the watch from the strap, briefly lick the contacts on the charging lead (not the USB end, obviously), insert it into the watch and then tie an elastic band around the watch. I have found that this works every time and I no longer get the 'USB device not recognised'-type message when I plug it into my PC or funny vibrations from the watch as it switches itself on and off like a mad thing.
I have not found any significant problems with bluetooth connection (I have an Xperia Mini Pro).Read more ›
The bluetooth connection is fast and I have found the battery life pretty good. I used the watch for 4 days on 1 charge. The Phone battery is affected but not as much as expected. Another bonus is being able to see who is calling without getting your phone out. Shame that the charging connection is not micro USB but overall very pleased with the purchase.
- The discrete nature of staying connected without having to rely on checking the Android phone - great at work.
- Feels good quality, comfortable, the design itself is second to none, and it certainly grabs attention.
- Touchscreen works like a dream and is very responsive.
- It functions fairly well as a remote access point for your android phone (although this is ALL it does).
- Good battery life (but it takes longer to charge than my phone).
- Really useful and comes into its own when driving.
- For what it is and what it does it is good value.
- Initial set up is very easy.
What I disliked:
- Android is supposed to be an open source OS which relies heavily on 3rd party apps; the music app and mail app do not function correctly unless you are using the default Sony apps, which somewhat defies the point.
- Blutooth needs to be always on for the watch to work; the Blutooth connection isn't always reliable.
- The screen is responsive but difficult to read, suffers with glare, you often find yourself having to partially cover the screen with your hand to read it.
- The watch face is rather thick, it is set into the strap, but it means it takes more knocks (although its well built to stand up to it).
- If your phone is too far away or not connected, the watch stops working completely. It does not function in its own right.
It isn't a watch so much as it is a remote access point for your Android phone which sits on your wrist, that is ALL it is designed to be, so don't expect anything more than that; it does that fairly well though but with a few obvious flaws. The watch is a 2nd Gen. model so it's a shame Sony hasn't yet ironed out any of these issues. It also somewhat defies the point of using an Android OS, since it relies heavily on default apps to function correctly. I would recommend it, although it's a far cry from perfect.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Strap holder on watch broke and watch had to be returned for a refundPublished 22 days ago by MRS S ASH
Mine didnt work when i recieved it.having trouble sending it backPublished 1 month ago by darrin pickard
Box had been opened only came with one strap instead of 2 when it says it should come with 2. FuriousPublished 3 months ago by laura smith
Great new smartwatch, very fast delivery, Great packing would recommended to all. Thanks you :)Published 9 months ago by agnieszka