on 28 August 2008
As per the previous review, this photo frame has loads of features. Autofit to screen, timer when to turn photo frame on/off, view random pics and clock/calendar display with pics are some of my favourites. The picture quality is good and the 256mb is pretty decent to start you off with.

The downers for me are the frame has to be plugged into the mains when you want to use it. The one other one for me was you need a mini usb cable if you want to connect the photo frame directly to your pc to transfer pics, yet this cable is not provided in the box. The other (slightly messier) way then is to copy pictures onto a memory card from your pc and then insert the memory card directly into the photo frame.
33 comments|249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2008
First impressions are what I would expect from a Sony product namely great style, good build quality, good picture quality. The extra features which include a clock, calendar... are a nice bonus.

Although it looks very cool the glossy screen may annoy some, it depends on the lighting and where positioned.

It is mains powered and I can imagine quite easily picking it up to look at a photo better and tugging on the cabling - it would be greatly improved by adding a battery and possibly docking cradle (obviously this would increase the price).

I cannot give it a maximum rating because there is no USB to mini-USB cable included and I can't forgive this as for the price it should be included especially as the cable will be used by 90 odd percent of people to transfer files onto the device.
11 comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 August 2008
Great photo frame with several extra features, ranging from multiple views including a clock / calendar showing when photos were taken, various slide show settings for multiple pictures etc to being able to turn on or off the sony logo. I find the 256 MB ample for a good few photos that I'd like displayed regularly, then there's a variety of card slots for running through off a digital camera. Above all the extras it's a great single view photo frame, great resolution and really simple to use.
11 comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2010
I've had one of these for about a year now, and have just started to use it again. Although a good looking product upon which your photos will look great, there are a couple of niggles I have with it (although in the grand scheme of life they're liveable with!)

I like to have the flexibility to change the photos regularly - and it suits me to put them on a usb stick and plug directly in. You cant do this on this frame though - only a mini usb plug is available (alongside various card slots). This means I have to have an SD card of photos plugged in all the time

I found transferring to the internal memory tricky as it would stop loading one particular photo for an unknown reason. I thought it may have been they were video clips (which this frame cannot play) but they weren't.

The clock feature only works if there are photos somewhere on the frame, either on a card or on the internal memory. If there's no pics you cant get it out of demo mode.

A nice feature WOULD be combined picture and clock which this frame does do but for a reason I cannot work out it shows the photo and the time and date the photo was taken only, which is pretty useless really.

These niggles aside it is a good looking unit that works well.
on 17 November 2008
I agree that this is an excellent photo frame. However, under "More Technical Details" it states that still images supported are JPEG, BMP, RAW and TIFF. This is incorrect as the only still images supported are JPEG and RAW images created with a Sony digital camera. Although the instructions state that images created on a PC may not be displayed, I discovered that BMP images (obtained from scanning actual photographs) when converted to JPEG images in Adobe Photoshop display with no problems.

As far as the USB cable is concerned, I understand most Sony digital cameras come with a supplied USB cable in the box.
This is currently, December 2008, the cheapest of the Sony LCD photo frames and Sony themselves are selling it for £20 more. It has a wide range of features to display photos and a fair amount of internal storage so you're unlikely to need to buy a new memory card. The build quality is excellent and the picture clear. The frame is attractive but, as other reviewers have commented, the screen does reflect light from table lamps for example so needs to be positioned with some care.

If you want a premium quality photo frame at a reasonable price this is the model to go for.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2010
Unlike many things, I actually think this was worth the price paid for it. After shopping around looking at what I think was every digital photo frame in existence, this one definately had the clearest and sharpest screen display by miles, and it's a good size. There are some useful settings, like splitting the screen with a clock on one side, and I put around 300 pictures on the internal memory and it's still not full yet. Well worth the money.
on 1 December 2008
Given that most cameras produce pictures with a ratio of 2:3, why does this product use a 5:3 ratio (800 x 480 pixels). Unless you carefully crop your pictures, the top and bottom will be chopped off - not very friendly!
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2009
Another quality product from one of the best 'tech' manufacturers around. I would love to see more features on digital photo frames, but for doing what it says on the tin, ths one cannot be faulted. Bought this as a present and when I saw the crispness on the screen and the understated design I tried to convince the wife we needed one too!
This will definitly be the one I buy for our house (when I get permission, of course) and would highly recommend to others.
on 9 March 2009
This picture frame is indeed a good buy. I was given one as a present and have since bought another as a gift. The picture quality is superb, the size of the frame just right but the best thing of all is the fact that the frame doubles as a clock. Would strongly recommend the product. The only reason that I did not give 5 stars is that the item comes without the cable to connect to a pc/laptop (a mini usb). I believe that the makers should have included. it.